Sawyer smiles at the drop of a hat for absolutely everyone, including random strangers in the store. He loves sucking and chewing on his hands, especially lately with all this teething going on! He's also discovered his toes and loves playing with them, which is just the cutest! He loves his toys - chewing on them, shaking them, dropping them, you name it! He loves his big brother, especially when Carson gets right in his face and exclaims, "Hi bay-beeee!" Sawyer laughs and laughs! He also loves to give Carson kisses and loves being tickled by Carson.
Sawyer hates very few things. Even with teething, he doesn't really act like he's teething! The only way we really know he is is because of rosy cheeks, lots of drool and chewing on things, and biting the nipple of the bottle and umm ... me (ouchhh). But his happy disposition and easy-going personality remains very much the same. In fact, the only thing I can think of that Sawyer doesn't like is very sudden, loud noises. and even then he doesn't typically cry or anything; he's just kind of startled and annoyed.
Christmas day marked the first time he rolled over all the way from his back to his stomach, and since then, Sawyer is a rolling machine! He has also really started stretching and reaching when he's on his stomach. He'll reach his arms forward and try pushing off with his legs, and I can tell he just wants to be crawling! And the crazy thing is I know he will be crawling before I know it! Sawyer can also sit on his own for a few seconds at a time, and pretty soon I'm sure he'll be sitting all on his own, too!
His sleep schedule has kind of been awful now that he's been teething. (still no teeth have popped all the way through, though!) He has been so tired that he'll go back to sleep very shortly after waking up and eating. He's been more awake between the hours of about noon and 8 pm or so, although still taking some naps during that time. Then he usually takes a little snooze from around 10 pm to 11:30 pm or midnight, and then he gets a second wind. He'll stay up until 1 or 2 am, feeding A TON and being SUPER crazy. Then he'll sleep until 4 or 5 am. After that, he'll wake up every couple of hours, nurse from one side in bed with me, and then fall asleep beside me. Even though it's been a little rough waking up more often in the wee hours of the night, I do kind of love nursing him to sleep while I'm half asleep myself.
Overall, Sawyer has been better about nursing. The hardest time to get him to nurse has been late at night, which is usually when Alex will give him a bottle. It still gets frustrating, though, when he won't nurse (or at least nurse very much) during the day. At those times, I have to give him a bottle and pump. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes! At least he's eating and gaining lots of weight! I actually had to take Carson to the doctor the other day, and while there, I had Sawyer weighed - he's up to 18 pounds!
There are oh so many things I love about Sawyer. I love the long, wispy hairs on top of his head surrounded by short, new hair, and then the giant bald spot on the back center of his head. I love how his wrists and ankles are really just rolls and rolls of fat. I love how he's so chunky that he's got multiple fat dimples on his buns. I love how his laugh sounds just like his big brother's. I love how whenever he's excited or happy, he lets out this loud screech that sounds kind of like "Eeeeeeeeek!" I love how much he loves literally anything Carson says or does to him. You'd think Sawyer would have some personal boundaries, but he loves Carson right up in his face doing anything and everything! I also love the sweet little noises he makes when he's sleeping. I just love everything about this little guy, and I just love him so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment