Sawyer is one of the most competitive people I've ever known. (The other being Carson. The source being me, haha) I knew immediately when Carson took off on his bike without training wheels, Sawyer would be RIGHT behind.
And he was. Last night (April 27th), Alex took the boys over to John and Terri's to pump up the tires on the two-wheeler that belongs to Sawyer. Not surprisingly, he took off right away! I think the smaller bike with the fatter tires made it a breeze for him!
Evidently, Sawyer was riding down...and even up the hill of the dead-end road there! Sawyer came home, very proud to tell me how he could ride a bike, just like Carson.
Today was a rainy day, but oh, how those little boys wanted to ride bikes! During an actual downpour, Sawyer insisted, "It's a nice day, Mommy!"
At one point when it was just drizzling out, I agreed to a bike outing. Carson was out there, showing off his newest tricks, like riding with only one hand. And Sawyer was completely elated, squealing with delight at how long he could ride without putting his feet down.
After one particularly long stretch of riding, Sawyer exclaimed, "I'm so proud of myself!" I got a little choked up as I replied, "Me too, Sawyer!"
I love how determined Sawyer was to catch up to what his brother was doing. But what I love so much more is that Sawyer saw in himself what he accomplished...and he took pride in that.
That's something I still can't do myself! My goodness, that sweet, sassy little boy teaches me SO much. I just love him so very deeply, and I'm just so proud of him! Only 4 years old, and he's riding a bike without training wheels!

No comments:
Post a Comment