Monday, October 12, 2020

Carson's 6th birthday

Oh man, this is so so late! ... I forgot I never posted this, and it is now a YEAR late! Whoops! 

But happy birthday, sweet Carson! Even though you've been 6 for over a month, I am still not completely used to calling you my six-year-old!

Your birthday was a Monday this year, and the Saturday before was the mother and son bowling party at the Y. For some reason, I just assumed it was still superhero themed, and since you and Sawyer are obsessed with superheros right now, I let you two open two of your birthday presents early: one was a Bumblebee transformers costume and the other wasa Black Panther custome. You got a "weapon" and everything! Oh how you and Sawyer squealed with delight!



It turns out it wasn't superhero themed, and no one else was wearing a costume! But you didn't even notice, and it melted my heart to see you having the time of your life! You even managed to beat me the second game - 86 to 82!

You (and your brother) were so incredibly appreciative, and you thanked me over and over. You're always so good at remembering to show gratitude.

On Sunday October 13th, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's after church, where we celebrated you with a Captain America shield chocolate Texas sheet cake.

While you played with your new present from grandma's and Grandpa, you were sharing with Isaac and said to him, "I wish you could take my present home." He asked why, and you replied, "Because you love it so much." I was touched how even on your birthday, you're still thinking of others.

For your real birthday on Monday, October 14, I got to visit your classroom and bring your requested treat of "dump of dirt," as you call it! (AKA "cup of dirt" with chocolate pudding, Oreos, and gummy worms)

I stayed for recess, and it was so special for me to see you friendly to everyone. I especially loved seeing Bentley and the other girls chase you!

We played at the park after school, went to Culver's for dinner, and rode bikes and took a walk. Sara and Patrick came over that evening, and so you guys played and then opened presents when Daddy got home.

It was a wonderful day for sure! 

































No comments:

Post a Comment