Carson had a weight check at another office yesterday. 13 pounds, 2.3 ounces! The dietitian I work with said that Carson was now in the 25th percentile.
Whoa, what?! I told her just the previous week at a different appointment, he was only in the upper 2 percentile. But she explained that at the hospital, his pediatrician uses only a baby's age when determining his weight percentile. At this other office, they factor in a baby's length too!
That makes SO much more sense! Now, I don't feel worried about all that 2 percentile mumbo-jumbo from the hospital. Carson's just a tall baby, and there's no harm in that.
I'm glad you're less worried about his size! Thanks for the blog comment love! Comments are the best! Carson is so cute! I got to meet his cousin Madilyn on her birthday last week! I'm glad you're enjoying his baby-ness- looking back at my first I loved it so much because everything was new but I wish I had worried less and been less anxious for them to hit the next milestone. I'm sure you're a wonderful mom!
ReplyDelete