Carson is growing and changing in new ways every day, I swear! Part of me hates it, telling him he's not allowed to grow any more! But the predominant part of me loves it. It's so incredibly exciting to see Carson discovering more and more about himself and the world around him. And I just love seeing the light in those sweet baby blue eyes as he learns something new.
Today, he started sucking on his toes. Cutest thing ever, I tell you! Carson has been grabbing at his feet on his changing table for a while now, but today I think it clicked that he could pull those cute, itty bitty toes all the way up to his mouth.
It was so adorable watching his eye-crossed gaze on his toes, and then the precious smile upon his face once those toes finally reached his mouth.
Carson has definitely taught me to appreciate the small, simple things in the world around us. At 24, I think I really take for granted the sunshine coming in through the windows, the ice-chilling feel of a cold glass of water, the exciting buzz in a crowd of people. Everything is a new discovery for Carson, and something he just absolutely loves.
I'm inspired to search and discover more in my own life, and to really love learning the way Carson does. Maybe that sounds weird when Carson is discovering such basic things, but I really want to look at the world with the same eagerness and happiness that Carson has.
I marvel at how much Carson continues to teach me and how he's always helping me become a better version of myself. He has the sweetest spirit and such a calm, gentle disposition. People continue to comment on how Carson is such a good baby, and he really is! The only time he ever really cries or fusses is if he's tired, hungry, gassy, or needs a diaper change.
I feel so very blessed to have Carson, and so honored to be his mommy. I love you Carson - everything about you - right down to your teeny, tasty toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment