Friday, April 25, 2014

little sickie

We have a little sickie on our hands. :( Carson started teething a couple weeks or so ago, and so naturally he's had a low grade fever. Within the past few days, though, he has acted even less like himself. And on top of that, he's been sleeping up to 18 hours a day.

I decided to give pediatrics a call. I explained how the night before, Carson had slept from about 10 pm until about 10:30 am (and I was the one to wake him in the morning). Then he slept again from about 12:30 pm until 6:30 pm (again, when I woke him). The on-call doctor was really concerned and said Carson needed to come first thing in the morning. I, of course, began panicking - my mind flashing back to when this happened before and Carson ended up in the hospital.

But at his appointment the following morning, the doctor didn't find anything too alarming - just a viral infection, in combination with teething. I am so grateful it's not more serious, but I hate that there isn't anything the doctor can do for a viral infection. She said to just let him sleep as much as he can to fight it off. I guess I shouldn't complain about Carson sleeping even more than he usually does!

Even with not quite being himself, Carson is still such a sweetheart. He's not quite as perky, but still quite smiley. He tires out much quicker, but he's so very snuggly and I just love it.

Even with being under the weather, he actually rolled over from his back to his tummy last night! First time! It wasn't one fluid motion or anything - it required a lot of coaxing from this flashing light wand thing (pictured below). But still, he did it!

Just moments after rolling over. So much excitement. 

And...right back to his fascination. :) 


I hugged him and exclaimed how big and strong he's gotten. I was so excited. Clearly, Carson wasn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment