Saturday, June 28, 2014

My "Soo big" 8.5-month-old boy

Because of our trip to Boston, I missed doing an 8 month update on Carson. So here's an 8.5 month update instead! Carson is changing SO much! His little personality is bubbling into giant smiles, long and hearty belly laughs, giant wet kisses, and enough other exciting things that including them in this one sentence would make for one extremely run-on sentence.

Carson is talking more and more. His favorite thing to say? "Da-da." :) I think he's actually starting to associate Alex with the sound "Da-da," which is the cutest, most adorable thing ever. He also says doh, ah, duh, and sounds like that. He's also really into fake coughing (especially when someone else fake coughs at him) and fake laughing.

Carson can sit by himself like a pro now. He'll reach for toys, and once he's on his belly, he tries so hard to crawl to toys out of reach! He's getting much better at moving from a sitting position directly into an almost-crawling position, especially in the bathtub.

The only downside to Carson sitting up so well now is that he absolutely hates being laid down in his car seat and swing. In fact, we haven't even been able to use his swing since returning from Boston! It's kind of funny because I actually have to push his head back in his car seat to keep him from sitting up! Fortunately, once we're moving in the car, he doesn't seem to mind then.

Carson loves food. He eats pretty much anything we put in front of him now, even squash! He definitely prefers all his food mixed together (like chicken, squash, and apples mixed together... ewwww). He doesn't do his sour, disgusted face nearly as often either. Carson also loves drinking ice cold water - from either a sippy cup or my cup. Granted, he still needs help getting the cup to his mouth, but he loves it all the same!

Within the past week or so, Carson has also started to really get the hang of feeding himself finger foods - the easiest ones being baby veggie cheetos. He even managed to get some banana slices into his mouth! I've given up trying to keep Carson remotely clean when he eats; he always rips his bib off and loves running his sticky fingers all through his hair. I'm deciding it's worth him getting messy because he just loves the exposure to all sorts of food textures. And the amount of food Carson's eating is just insane! He'll have as much as three big bowls of food! It's crazy seeing him eat like such a big boy! But I love it! And I love seeing how happy he gets over food!



A couple nights ago when Carson was eating dinner, he randomly stretched his little arms way up high. (Well, as high as his arms can go, which is barely to the top of his head. Haha!) I got super excited and said, "Carson, are you SO big?!" Well, he loved that, and now he'll do "soo big" whenever he's in his high chair. I absolutely adore it.



Carson's 4 teeth became a problem for me nursing because he'd bite so hard and not let go. But after some research and new nursing approaches, he hasn't bitten me in quite a while now. Thank goodness! But anyone who holds him better watch their fingers, toes, and any other skin exposed! Carson has left bite marks on me and Alex numerous times.

Carson still sleeps like a champ. He'll typically sleep from 8:30 or 9 pm until 8 or 9 the next morning. He still goes right back down for another nap after nursing when he wakes up. And then he'll usually take one afternoon nap. Although the past week, he's been sleeping even more because his poor teeth are bothering him so much.

Bath time might be Carson's all time favorite thing. He loves splashing up a storm, and he loves diving onto his belly in the tub. He'll push and splash his way from one end of the tub to the other. Sometimes, he'll let his head down a little too far and he'll get a mouth full of water. But surprisingly, he doesn't mind his face getting all wet! He also loves chewing on his duck toys - right where they squirt out water! I honestly don't think I've ever seen Carson so happy as when he's splashing on his belly in the tub!


I just love seeing his face light up as he discovers new things. I love how he's so full of life and how curious and observant he is. I love how he laughs more and more. I love how when I carry him on my hip, he'll brush his head back and forth on my shoulder, being all shy, when a stranger approaches to say hi to him. I love how when he's had enough of playing, he'll cry, throw his head back, and stretch his arms up to me when he's tired and wants a nap. I even love that when he tips over and hits his head, he cries and wants me to snuggle him. I'm so blessed to have Carson, and I'm more grateful daily to Heavenly Father for allowing me to be his mommy. I love you, little Carson! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment