Friday, March 6, 2015

22 weeks!

On Monday, (March 2) I was 22 weeks pregnant. I haven't posted this sooner because I am still.so.nauseous. And for some reason, it's been particularly bad the past week or so. I realized that taking "real" prenatals - like, the big ones you swallow - were making the nausea significantly worse. So now I'm down to taking Flintstone chewable vitamins, along with a gummy prenatal vitamin. They're super tasty, and still, apparently, what little baby no-name needs.

Although I'm still not sleeping well by any means, the periods of time that I am asleep feel a little more like deep, sound sleep. And with that comes super crazy dreams, like a bad guy who can kill me with his mind. Not cool, not cool at all!

Cravings ... well, I've discovered that pot roast tastes better than anything else I've tried this pregnancy. With Carson, it was steak. With this little one, definitely pot roast. yummm. Strawberries and cantaloupe ... and an occasional cookie ... having been hitting the spot.

This week, thebump.com tells me the baby is the size of a papaya. It also says the baby is settling into sleep cycles. So far, this little guy is the most active during the night and early in the morning.

I should be better at keeping track of this stuff, but it was either earlier this week or last week that Alex first felt this baby kick. That's always so fun. :) It's pretty cool getting to see my belly move from the outside too, inside of just feeling the kicks on the inside. But man, this little dude is strong! Already his kicks are actually getting painful!

I know I keep saying this, but it's just true: Carson is going to be such a good big brother. He still loves to snuggle and kiss my belly, although lately, he's been more into hitting it. Haha, I think a little brother is really gunna throw him for a while!

It's so exciting thinking about Carson teaching his little brother all the ropes of the world around him. Carson loves to dance to any music, and I'm sure he'll be teaching his little brother how to dance. My favorite is the little shoulder dance he frequently does as he eats in his highchair. He also loves this music toy on his crib that plays different lullabies and has little fish and lights. Boy, that's a terrible description. haha. He actually hates being taken out of his crib and kind of sobs when I get him out! Same with bath time - he sobs and gets so upset when we take him out of the tub!

Carson has gotten a lot more particular with food, much to my dismay! Veggies are the hardest. And sometimes, things he'll love one day (like oatmeal or cheese) are things he won't even touch the next. And even though Carson can destroy the house, if he finds a tiny piece of trash on the floor (literally, like a tiny piece of paper), he has to carefully walk it over to me and makes sure I throw it away! Carson loves turning the light switches on and off, and is particularly into carrying pots and their corresponding lids around. I love him so much, and my favorite pregnancy pictures from this week are definitely the ones with him in it. I love my two little boys to pieces! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment