How is it possible that 4 years ago last night (Oct 13th), Alex proposed, 2 years ago last night I went into labor with Carson, and now Soy Bean is 3 months old?! Life goes by so fast!
I'm like a little kid when it comes to celebrating birthdays; I just get so excited! This morning, Sawyer woke up to eat at exactly 6:53 am, which is the time Carson was born. My mind reflected to the two years ago when he entered this world not breathing and then to now - this beautiful, healthy, tender-hearted, intelligent, funny boy who is just so full of life. I'm so grateful he's overcome the health obstacles he went through, and I am so eternally grateful that I get to be his mommy. I feel so privileged that Heavenly Father entrusted me with such an incredible little boy.
For his birthday, Carson helped me make pancakes for breakfast. Then we opened presents with Daddy and baby Sawyer. He got glow-in-the-dark Elmo jammies from Nana along with a soft fuzzy outfit, as well as some fantastic winter boots that actually easily fit his fat feet! Alex and I bought him a lego train set, and Terri donated some additional legos from her stash. I also got Carson some twist-up crayons because he's really gotten into coloring more recently. Carson really had fun opening presents! Once he realized what was going on, he wouldn't even completely unwrap one present before wanting to move on to the next one! It was super cute!
After that, he played with his new toys for a bit with Daddy. And then we went to get french fries (a favorite of his) to take to the park. He had a blast at the park today, going down just about every slide there! Following that, we got him a couple birthday balloons from the Dollar Tree (which he kept trying to run out of the store with ... and before I purchased them! haha!) And lastly, we picked out a cake slice from Trig's (Alex and I didn't want to make an entire cake or anything). He was pretty exhausted after that, so he took a long nap. And when he woke up, we skyped with Nana Janie and Bumpa Terry. I just had the best day with my little guy. :)
Carson is full of spunk and personality. Each day, he becomes more of his own unique little person and I love it! He often wakes up babbling and talking (oh and knocking over the diaper pail!), and he keeps that up all day long! However, usually not when we go somewhere else; in those instances he can get super quiet!
Carson literally says new words every single day. He'll repeat just about any word you ask him to say, and he's more recently started saying and repeating two words as his own little "sentence." Other than "bye bye," the first one Carson came up with on his own was "All gone!" It happened over reading his very favorite book, Toot Toot Beep Beep (a gift from Uncle Ryan and Aunt Mie). It's a book about the sounds different cars make, and towards the end, there's a page where all the cars are away, and one day Carson just said, "All gone!" He says it every time he gets to that page now, and that is currently the only book he will actually let me read word for word. Any other book and he just can't sit still that long! He's definitely a boy on the move! (Other little "sentences" he says are: "Fix it," "Wow baby!" (Grandma taught him that one last night!), "Hold him" (for when he wants to hold Sawyer), and man, there's a bunch more that I'm currently forgetting!)
Aside from his favorite book, Carson's favorite toys are his 18 trucks, cars, and trains, and then as of today, his birthday gift from me an Alex: a lego train set. He's obsessed with it! Carson is definitely all boy! He can literally play with his cars and legos all day long. And he just does so well quietly entertaining himself if he has those to play with!
Carson's favorite show to watch is definitely "Elmo" (aka Sesame Street). Any time I try to expose him to a different show, he just keeps repeating, "Elmo! Elmo!" until I change it back! However, I have gotten Carson used to watching The Voice with me!
His favorite vegetable is a cucumber. He loves most fruit, particularly grapes, apples, and oranges. He loves yogurt, bagels with cream cheese, cheesy noodles, or cheese by itself, of course. And Carson has gotten so much better about eating what I cook for us - like barbecue chicken (or "chicky" as he calls it), hamburgers, soups, etc. etc. Granted, he doesn't consistently love what we make, but he's getting so much better! His favorite treat would probably be fruit snacks or pouches (those baby food mixes in a squeeze pouch). Carson's favorite drink is definitely juice (which is always half water, haha!) and he still takes a bottle for nap time and bed time...although lately he's only drinking about a fourth of the bottle, so maybe he's starting to wean himself! (We tried weaning about a month or so ago ... it wasn't pretty! And it resulted in Alex and I getting far less sleep than we're already getting with a 3 month old, so we stopped. Gotta take care of ourselves ya know!)
Carson loves his hat, shoes, and his coats and gets super excited to put them on - probably because it means we're going "bye bye." And lately, he has really gotten in to zipping his sweatshirt or coat; he just loves doing it himself once I start it!
He loves drinking from a straw. He loves slides and swings. He loves balloons and bubbles. He loves driving by really big trucks. He loves sitting in his little brother's Bumbo seat. He loves helping Mommy cook (if he's in the right mood!). He adores his cousins, particularly Owen and Jack, and he loves all little kids for that matter (once at Adventure Alley, he really wanted to give the baby there a kiss!). He loves pillows and diving onto them - whether they're on the floor or on our bed. He gets soo happy and excited when Daddy gets home from work, and he will flat out run to the door screaming, "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" Carson gets so excited to help out with Sawyer - whether it's burping him, bringing me a diaper or pacy or blanket, holding him, bouncing him in his bouncer - the list is endless! Carson also loves snuggling when he first wakes up or when he's getting tired (and he loves to snuggle while watching Sesame Street).
Carson hates it when I try to get him to drink milk from a cup. He hates if he's not able to give baby "Saw Saw" a kiss exactly when he wants to kiss him. He passionately hates going to the doctor and will completely wail the second the doctor or nurse comes into the room. He doesn't like it when strangers get too close to him or try to talk to him (with the exception of a few people). Carson also hates having any kind of food on his fingers or hands and will hold them out for me to clean the second they get dirty. Despite his love for baths and putting on lotion afterwards, Carson hates getting his hair brushed and his teeth brushed.
Carson still sleeps a ton. Lately, he's been going to bed between 8 and 9 (I hate it, but that's when Alex has been getting home lately and I'm usually too busy with Sawyer that time of night to be able to get Carson down myself). Then he'll sleep until 10 or so in the morning! He's had a double ear infection for a while and with being sick, he's been sleeping even later - like until 11 or noon! It's insane! Granted, I'm not complaining because then I get to sleep or at least rest, too - which is SO helpful since Sawyer isn't sleeping through the night yet.
Carson's just an incredibly good kid. Even though he's been having more meltdowns lately, he's still such a great listener overall. He's gotten so good at following directions and helping to pick up his toys at the end of the day. He's so gentle and caring and will give me a hug and a kiss when I'm having a tough day. His sweet nature makes him the best big brother ever; so often he'll share with Sawyer (like bringing Sawyer his birthday balloon tonight and saying "share"). I love him with absolutely everything in me. Carson has made me a better person by teaching me greater love and patience. He frequently reminds me to always turn to my Heavenly Father in prayer because he will fold his arms wanting to pray. His incredibly deep love for me has even helped me learn to love myself more. I feel so grateful to have Carson as my little guy, and I just love watching him grow into a more amazing person every single day.
I love you sweet Carson. Happy birthday to the greatest 2 year old around! :)
...And just because Sawyer didn't want to be left out ;) ...
No comments:
Post a Comment