October 5th marked 3 months for little Soy Bean, and I can hardly believe it! He full of smiles and laughs all the time, and we just love it! It doesn't even take much to get him to laugh or smile; lots of times he'll just be entertaining himself by cooing, smiling, and laughing.
His personality is just as easy-going as ever. Not that Carson was ever a bad baby (although he did rage with colic for a good couple of months at night), but Sawyer is even more mellow! He loves looking at himself in the mirror above his swing, and he'll babble to himself like crazy in there. He also really likes the swing's music, and sometimes he'll start to fuss if it stops. But then if we start the music again, he'll be totally fine!
He's finally liking his bouncy seat more, and he's just started really batting at the toys above his head. Sometimes he'll take little cat naps if he's bounced to sleep in it. Sawyer is still obsessed with baths; he'll laugh, coo, kick, and splash to his heart's content. He's even really good once he's out of the bath getting dried off and dressed!
Sawyer loves watching Sesame Street (or anything for that matter) on the TV. He's super close to rolling over (from his back to his tummy; he's been doing tummy to back since he started tummy time), and any time he's laying on the floor, he'll arch his back and pivot his body around so he can see the TV. He can actually pivot his body in a full circle, and it's pretty cute!
Sawyer is definitely a daddy's boy. He'll smile his biggest smile at the drop of a hat for Daddy, and Sawyer laughs for Daddy just as easily. Lately, the way to get Sawyer to laugh the most is by fake laughing at him. He thinks it's sooo funny!
Sawyer is pretty ticklish right under his chin and around his thighs. Sometimes when we're tickling Sawyer, Carson will come over to tickle him while he says, "Tickle tickle!" It's adorable! Carson is definitely loved by little Sawyer; Sawyer will often intently watch Carson and frequently gives him big smiles. :) And of course, Sawyer is still very loved with lots of kisses from his big brother. :)
Little Soy Bean has developed a definite preference for nursing on the left side, and often times I have to try multiple positions before he willingly eats from the right side. He's consequently had a couple neck adjustments from Uncle Vijai and absolutely loves them! He'll smile and babble the whole time!
This little guy still loves his car seat and chewing/sucking on his hands. He'll also happily kick his legs like crazy once he's got a full belly. Once he's done eating and eventually gets tired, Sawyer loves his pacy. In fact, when he starts getting tired, he falls asleep crazy fast once you swaddle him super tight, give him his pacy, and bounce him while patting his little bum. It's like magic!
People ask me all the time what his schedule is like, and honestly, I don't pay that close attention to how many hours he sleeps, when he's asleep, how long he's awake, and all that stuff. I've found that I'm a much better mom if I don't keep track of that stuff. Because honestly, when I start paying close attention to all of that, I start uber-stressing that he's sleeping too much or not enough or who knows what else. And then I'll get all wound up if his "schedule" isn't consistent day-to-day. So instead, I'm trying to just take what he does do as it comes - because that's okay! Roughly, though, Sawyer sleeps for his best stretches from about 1 am to 5 or 6 am ish. Then he'll eat and pretty much go right back to sleep until late morning, so that's his second really good stretch of sleep. During the rest of the day, he's usually more awake and takes smaller cat naps. And man, the kid can eat! Alex usually takes him for a late night stretch (around midnight ish), and Sawyer will drink up to 6 oz!
Today he actually had an appointment and this chunky dude is a whopping 14 lbs 3.2 oz and 24 inches long! I can't believe how big hes's gotten! I absolutely adore his chubby cheeks that are so large they rest on his chest! And I love his thigh rolls and behind-the-knee rolls! Ahh, everything about him just melts my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment