Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Sawyer's 7 months!

7 months already!? Time is going by way way WAY too fast!! I say that every month, but every month it's more and more true.

Sawyer is a blast! He loves being smothered with love (i.e. kisses, tickles, hugs, and the occasional tackle) by his big brother. He loves the theme song to Parks and Recreation, just like Carson did as a baby! He loves watching Disney movies with Carson. He loves toys, most especially a caterpillar (the one from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar), a squishy car, and these stacking rings from my mom. Of course, he chews on all of them.

And he can chomp quite well now that his bottom left-center tooth has come in! I first noticed it had finally popped through the gums on January 22nd. Biting me when he's at the end of nursing is becoming all too common. Fortunately, he's starting to get that when he bites, nursing privileges go bye-bye. When he'd initially bite, I'd get really stern with him and say, "No Sawyer! NO biting! That HURTS mommy." His whole face would turn upside down from its previous smile and he'd get a HUGE pouty lip. His chin would start to quiver and he'd start to cry until I held him close, kissed him, and said I still loved him. It was kind of the sweetest, cutest thing ever.

Sawyer also loves his blankets and chewing on them. And he especially loves it when you cover his head with a blanket and play peek-a-boo. He just laughs and laughs! He still loves everyone and has zero "stranger danger" yet, which is nice that he'll let anyone at church, etc. hold him if I'm busy with Carson.

Sawyer loves being all swaddled up, fed, and then he loves when you play with his hair. He'll fall right to sleep! It's like it soothes him to have his hair played with!

And he loves to eat. On February 2nd, we started Sawyer on his first vegetable - squash! We mixed it with some rice cereal, and he completely devoured it! He'll eat solid food 2-3 times a day, and he'll nurse or have a bottle somewhere around 5 times a day.

Things he hates? His bib. Most passionately. And being wiped up after meal time. And also when you don't feed him fast enough. haha! I think he may have inherited his mommy's hanger (hungry + anger) problems.

Saturday, January 30th marked a significant night for the Bean. He slept from about 11 pm until 7:45 am! IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER! And then he did pretty much the same thing the next night! It's like he's finally getting the hang of sleeping, and I love it! Well, it actually stinks because I've gotten so accustomed to being awake at odd hours of the night that I've been having a hard time sleeping now. Hopefully that gets better soon so I can fully appreciate Sawyer's new-found sleep. Let's just hope it lasts! (PS it hasn't...)

His sleeping schedule looks something like this: he'll have a bottle around midnight with Alex, then sleep until 7:30 am or so. Then he nurses back to sleep in bed with me, which is honestly my favorite part of the day. It's just the best thing ever snuggling up with Soy Bean while he eats and we both kind of fall back to sleep together. He'll sleep for an additional 3 or so hours, and then he is up for a good chunk of the day. He'll take a shorter nap around 3 or 4 pm, and then another snooze from around 9 pm until 11 pm or so. This isn't super consistent, but we kind of just work best going off of his needs. (*PS as of the time that I initially wrote this, it's already changed, and Sawyer is kind of not sleeping through the night again...haha)

Sawyer rolls and rotates all over the house, and somehow always manages to find some cord to try and chew on! When he's on his belly, he will push his upper body so far off the ground that he's pretty much doing the cobra pose in yoga. And as of late at night on February 4th, Sawyer actually started pushing himself backwards! So yeah, he can basically crawl! ...well, backwards anyway! ;-) You can tell he's totally ready to be crawling, though, with how much he tries to grab things just out of reach. He'll kick his legs up and down as though he knows that's what he needs to do to get moving!

He is sitting, but only for a little bit until he falls to one side. But what else can you expect when your head is in the ginormous 95th percentile?! Haha, seriously though, I think he has a hard time keeping his balance very specifically because of his noggin.

Oh, and a week or two ago, Sawyer discovered his tongue. He sticks it out all the time, especially when he's all done eating. He'll stick out his tongue, spit, and basically spray food all over me or Alex!! It's really cute though, when he plays with his tongue!

Sawyer is still the happiest baby I know. He's always quick to smile and only cries if he rolls into a wall (I wish I could say that's only happened), wants a change in scenery, or is tired. He is still so easy-going and doesn't mind waiting for food, my attention, etc. if I need to tend to Carson.

I love my little Soy Bean more and more everyday, and he so often cheers me up with just a simple smile. I feel so richly blessed to have such a precious, sweet baby boy. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment