I love General Conference weekend. There's nothing better than having the chance to be uplifted by talks from our prophet, apostles, and other various leaders of the church. Not to mention getting to stay in your jammies for church!
I can remember always finding the answers to sought-out questions in my life and taking detail-oriented notes of my revelation.
Times have changed a bit with two rambunctious boys under the age of 3. Of course, I can still go back and read/watch/listen to the talks afterwards, but the initial experience of watching Conference is quite compromised. I was only able to listen to about 30 seconds worth at a time before one of the boys was crying or needing me! But so it goes!
Where I'm going with this is that despite my lack of full attention, I was still able to learn some very precious, valuable lessons...from my sweet little boys.
As we sat down to eat breakfast Sunday morning (Oct 2nd), I told the boys it was time to say prayers. For the first time, Sawyer completely folded his arms all on his own! I was so excited! It was such a special moment to see Sawyer take that first step of understanding prayer.
And then, while snuggling me during Music and the Spoken Word (the Mormon Tabernacle's performance), Carson kept excitedly pointing to the TV and exclaiming, "Jesus! There's Jesus!" (keep in mind there were no visible pictures, etc of Christ on the screen; just the choir)
And Later during the hymn "Child of God," Carson turned to me with his face lit up as he declared, "I child of God, Mommy!" He paused and then added, "You child of God, too!"
Oh sweet Carson and Sawyer ... you both teach me the simplest and yet most profound lessons that I all too often forget or overlook. Thank you with all my heart for your amazing examples and sweet spirits.
No comments:
Post a Comment