Sawyer, you're a little pistol. That's the first thing that comes to mind! You're full of sass, spunk, independence, and plenty of dimple-y smiles to melt my heart for this life time and the next. You started sitting at the kitchen table instead of your high chair a few months before you turned two - because as usual, you want to do everything your big brother does.
You love milk, and like your brother, you frequently ask for hot cocoa - even in the dead heat of summer. At two, you're already eating your almost-four-year-old brother under the table! You love food, especially tomatoes! You also manage to get into all the sweets that Mommy has strategically hidden around the kitchen, so you've obviously inherited my sweet tooth!
One day not too long ago, your daddy walked in on you, standing on a chair in the kitchen, eating almost an entire bag of Twizzlers. You were SO upset when he took them away! You're also a huge fan of "pop-cles" aka popsicles! Just about any time you go outside to play with Carson, you come up to Mommy or Nana or whoever's around and repeat, "Pop-cle! Pop-cle!" with that big, adorable, dimply grin - until we inevitably cave and give you one! For some reason, it's a lot harder for me to tell you "no" in regards to sweets than your brother; I'm still not sure why!
You're still a phenomenal sleeper, which Mommy and Daddy are SO grateful for! You go to bed between 7 and 8:30 pm (depending on if we put you down for a nap that day or not), and you sleep - without making a peep - until at least 8:30 am. But usually it's more like 9 or 10 am! And then you still take a nap somewhere between 1 and 3 pm, and you usually sleep until we decide to wake you! (which is usually 2 hours after you fall asleep) You've been bottle-free for nap time for several months ... probably since you were 18 months or so. And you've been bottle-free for bedtime since the beginning of May! You didn't have any issues adjusting to no nap time bottle, and it probably only took a week or two for you to get used to no bottle at bed time.
Now, your bed time routine goes like this: pick up toys from the day, jammies, brush teeth, then "mous-wash," (mouthwash - that you pretend to do with water since you still just swallow it! - that's another thing your dad and I have walked in on you doing! Just drinking mouthwash, ugh!! haha!). After family scriptures and prayers, you go with either Daddy or Mommy (although you always scream and cry for it to be Mommy, which I secretly adore and love with all my heart!). You pick out one book that we read, and then without a fuss, you snuggle up on Mommy's (or Daddy's) shoulder as I (or Daddy) sing a few songs to you. Then you lay down in your crib (which is a MIRACLE you still haven't figured how to get out of, considering all the mischief you get into!) and go right to sleep - occasionally with two or so seconds' worth of crying. You went through some rough phases here and there, but bed time is a complete dream with you now!
You adore Moana the movie and anything related to Moana - hence your Moana birthday cake that I made from scratch! It wasn't perfect, but I sure had fun making it! And eating its tasty white-cake-buttercream-almondy-goodness! I think you're particularly fond of Hei-Hei, as you scream with complete giddy, "Hei Hei?!" every time that part of the movie comes on. It's super cute! You've also been really big on dancing to the songs from Moana lately, and boy, do you ever have some cute moves! My favorite is the almost skipping move you do!
You also adore cars, trains, balls, and fish. And you just have the cutest little imagination when you play with those things!
In terms of your size ... well, you're a big, adorable little dude! Back on November 4th, 2016, you weighed 26.8 lbs, putting you in the 90th percentile. You were 32.5 inches long, putting you in the 85th percentile. And your head was in the 98th percentile. On January 20, 2017 at your 18 month check-up, you weighed 27.3 lbs, still in the 90th percentile. You were 34.5 inches long, putting you in the 95th percentile. And your head was 50.8 cm, putting you in the 98th percentile. Then on July 11, 2017 at your 2-year check up, you weighed 28 lbs, putting you in the 50th percentile. They measured you at 34.5 inches long, putting you in the 60th percentile. And you head measured 51.5 cm, putting you in the 98th percentile. Hey, I don't do the measurements; I just record them! Regardless, you're obviously a big boy, and I ADORE it!
You've become quite a Mommy's boy over the past few months in particular. Occasionally, it's frustrating, but most of the time, I just love it. I love that you want me when you're tired and ready for bed. I love that you come running for me so often if you're hurt - only so I can kiss your owie and be on your way again. I love, with every piece of my existence, how you say the word "Mommy" or "Mom." I love the way your face lights up when I get you out of your crib or when I pick you up after I've been away from you for a while. I even kind of love that lately, you start to cry when I leave you in adventure alley. I can get away with saying I love that because the workers tell me you only cry for about 5 seconds! haha! I love how your cheeks still bounce up and down when you run. Heck, I even love how you embarrass me to pieces where ever we go by repeatedly saying "HI!" at the top of your lungs to any person we come across! You are SO friendly when we're out and about - smiling and chatting with anyone and everyone who will give you attention.
You are my light, little Sawyer. Thank you for coming into my life and filling a space in my heart I had no idea was empty. You may be intense, you may yell "NO!" at me more often than I wish you did, but you have a soft, sweet heart that means everything to me. If I'm crying, you come up to me and concernedly repeat, "Y'okay? Y'okay?" And so often, you'll just lay your head on me. That means everything to me, sweet Sawyer. You have a heart of gold, and a soul full of smiles, and I am so grateful to get to be your mommy.
Happy 2nd birthday, my little Soy Bean. My Soy Bean-roni. My Bean. My Beany-Ba-lou. My Beany-Boo.





















No comments:
Post a Comment