Monday, September 2, 2013

32 weeks and preparations!

As of Friday, August 30th, I'm 32 weeks. That means theoretically 8 weeks left. That's under double digits! In fact, that's 2 months. And...if my brain-power-juices are working correctly, they are sending messages to Hershey to come a little early. That might just mean I'm only 7 weeks away...or maybe even 6. I'm not excited or anything. ;-)

And to clarify, wanting this ginormous weight out of me is only part of my excitement. I think. My real excitement comes from just wanting to hold 'lil Hershey Man already! Is it sad if I cradle newborn onesies in my arms, imagining him in them?!

...Wow, that makes me sound like a nut case. But who am I fooling; I totally am. On an almost-daily basis, I do something insane and Alex just laughs. And I pause whatever insane thing I'm doing, look at him, and say with a sad little face, "I'm completely crazy, aren't I?" His response? - "....Yes. But you're my crazy."

At least he loves me. :)

Prime example: our stroller/car seat arrived right before we left for Presque Isle. So a couple days ago, we decided to put it all together. As Alex expertly assembled the stroller, I read over the directions and warnings that came with the car seat. Granted, those things are necessary, but repeatedly telling a new-mom-to-be, "Don't do this or this or this or else your baby will die" is just a wee bit overwhelming.

Occasionally, I'd put the manual down to make connections as to where the parts of the car seat were and what adjusted to where, etc. Eventually I got to the part of actually clicking the car seat in and out of the car seat base. Not hard, right?

Wrong. Absolutely impossible. I pushed, pulled, tugged, adjusted - repeatedly I might add - as I tried to get the seat in and out. And I may have been getting a little freaked out and stressed and all that stuff... I looked up to see Alex just laughing. "How am I supposed to get him and his car seat in and out of the car without rattling his little brain to pieces?!" I said.

Alex reached over and clicked the car seat in and out of the base in like, 3 seconds. It's a good thing I married a calm, capable husband. ...Because with my skills and nervousness, this poor kid wouldn't stand a chance! haha.  ...I laugh, but I might be a little more sincere about that statement than I'd care to admit.

As for Hershey's development, he weighs about 3 3/4 pounds now and is about 16.7 inches long. I love how babycenter.com says that my baby is "taking up a lot of space in [my] uterus." Really?! ... So that explains why I can't breathe very deep and that's why my belly barely fits into anything anymore! Duh; of course he's taking up, like, all the room in my uterus.

It's freaking me out to also learn that I'm gaining roughly a pound a week and half that weight is going directly to Hershey. Consequently, I'm also trying to send Hershey messages to not put on too much weight. I want him to be healthy of course, but being a large baby is...you know...really really realllllllyyy unnecessary.

Hershey has fingernails and toenails now and even real hair! Eep, I can't wait to see what he looks like! I hope he looks just like his daddy. :)

So pictures...

The stroller and car seat all ready to go! ...From my smile, it's obvious this picture was taken post-Breanne-freak-out.

Our pack-n-play is also all set! I love it because it even has a bassinet! 



The only reason I'm posting this nasty picture is for posterity's sake. I tell you, my belly is getting wayyy too big to been seen on camera. 

I had to throw in this picture Katie took of me at Presque Isle (around 31 weeks preggo) because it masks the true size of my belly. :) Thanks, Katie, for making me look little!

No comments:

Post a Comment