Anyway, Andy and Katie were awesome because they let us stay the week out at their little house on Mill lake in Sugar Camp.
The first night we were out there, Alex treated me to dinner at the White Stag - an ammmmaazzzing restaurant that's been there for as long as I can remember! We both hadn't been since we were kids, so it was fun going back. It made me all nostalgic because my mom used to work there when she was my age and she told me lots of stories about working there as a kid. In fact, the last time I ate there, my brothers Ryan and Dillon and myself were just itty bitty kids. Oh, memories. :)
| Alex really loves taking pictures, obviously. |
| We got to sit right next to the chef cooking! |
I had filet mignon. It. was. sensationally. out. of. this. world. Seriously, I was a very happy camper. As was Hershey. :)
And despite the rainy weather most of the week, Alex and I fished a few times.
| Soo peaceful |
| Alex caught the nicest Bass. |
| 18 1/2 inches! |
| I got all my fish on this guy. Catching 3+ Bass earned me the right to name it. Behold, Storm Shaker. |
I have many, many blessings in my life. One of which is the best husband ever. Couple that with his ability to cook food - especially grill steak - and you basically have the greatest life ever. Seriously. He cooked this sexy ribeye steak on the grill. And grilled asparagus. Hershey and I were in a state of absolute bliss.
Another night, he grilled corn on the cob, burgers, and little bacon-wrapped filet mignons. ...I may have been so excited that I forgot to take a picture.
If you're keeping track, that's 3 meals of steak in one week. Best. thing. everrrrr.
You know food is going to be great when the only way to truly describe it is by calling it "sexy"
ReplyDelete