Friday, September 27, 2013

36 weeks!

It's official...4 weeks from today, Hershey is due! And in my book, hopefully he'll come in about 2 weeks! The reason I haven't blogged in a while is because I've been a psycho-nesting-nut-case. Seriously though, the whole "nesting" concept never seemed like a legit thing to me before I was pregnant. But it is real - real to the point where I'm so worn out that I don't want to do all sorts of baby preparation stuff, but some part of me has to do it! It's bizarre!

My belly is growing increasingly heavy, my lower abdomen is more sore, and my lower back is killing me. ...But I guess that's to be expected because this little guy is putting on about an ounce of weight a day! That is insane to me! Babycenter tells me he is almost 6 pounds and more than 18 1/2 inches long! Eek, I can't believe he's getting so big! It makes me all the more excited to actually see him, hold him, and find out what he looks like!!

I had a doctor's appointment last week, and Hershey has moved to a head down position. I actually ended up going in again this week because I called the doctor in so much pain. My lower abdomen and lower back hurt so bad that I could barely stand or walk. I guess I must be just a pansy to pain because my O.B. said everything looks good; it was probably just that because he's changed positions, there's a lot more pressure on my lower back and abdomen. ...It terrifies me that I'm such a pain pansy when I know labor is probably going to be a LOT worse!

So Alex left for work early this morning, so I just took a few pictures of my belly by myself. It's a lot harder than I thought it'd be to capture on film just how big my belly looks in reality! I seriously don't feel like my belly can pop out any more!!


When I look at this picture, I actually wonder how I'm able to stand without my belly making me topple over!






No comments:

Post a Comment