Thursday, February 5, 2015
Black eye
On Monday night (Feb 2), Carson got his first black eye. (Since this picture was taken, the bruise under his eye and cheek have intensified.) I had already been having a rough day - emotions, nausea, and exhaustion running high. Carson was sitting on his changing table, like he always does, while I was getting his pajamas ready.
All of a sudden, he just threw his head right into the corner of his changing table. It was awful because I saw it happen, but I just wasn't quick enough to stop it. I picked him up, and for what felt like forever, he wouldn't take a breath. When he finally did, he sobbed. And sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.
So did I. Blood trickled down his cheek, but he wouldn't let me put a wet cloth or ice on it. I did everything I could think of, but he just wouldn't stop crying. That's the first time Carson has gotten hurt that I haven't been able to console him.
I initially didn't think the cut was that bad, but when I couldn't get him to stop crying, I started panicking that it was worse than I thought; that he needed stitches or something. Alex was teaching a class, and I sent him a quick text basically saying, "I need you to leave your class for a minute. It's an emergency."
I have the best husband in the world, so he called me right away. I explained what had happened, all while having a moderate panic attack. Soon Alex texted me saying Andy was going to come over to take a look at it.
By the time Andy came over, I knew it wasn't as serious as I had worried it was, but I was still really glad to have him confirm that for me.
I held Carson so tight and kissed him over and over that night. Even once he finally stopped crying, my waterworks still wouldn't stop. It is honestly the worst thing in the whole world to see your little baby hurt. Gosh, even typing that makes my eyes tear up again. I may just have to cover Carson with bubble wrap and then put him in a bubble so that he never gets hurt again. I'm pretty sure that's not extreme, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment