Before a fun-filled Sunday afternoon of delicious food with the whole family at John and Terri's, Alex and I had a little Easter egg hunt for Carson Saturday evening. I had such a blast hiding little plastic eggs all over. Yes, I confess; I put some fruit loops and a couple jelly beans in the eggs. Not very many at all, but still, it's Easter! He needed a little bit of a treat!
At first, Carson didn't really know what was going on. But pretty soon, he got the hang of it that finding a little plastic egg meant he got to eat something super tasty. It was so cute because he'd find an egg, and with excitement all over his face, he would hold the egg up to me or Alex until we opened it up. It kind of melted my heart.
At the end, he found the basket I hid - a coloring book, crayons, a bucket and shovel for summer sandcastles, and the biggest hit was definitely the bubbles. Oh, does he ever love bubbles!
I can always remember my mom saying that her greatest joy was seeing me and my brothers happy. I never really wrapped my mind around that until I became a mom. But it's true. Seeing Carson's face light up and watching him get so excited and happy brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. I just love him with everything in me, and I love watching the little person he's becoming. He's so sweet-natured, easy-going, and full of spunk.
Clearly, I'm pregnant because just thinking about how much I love him and what I love about him gets me all teared up! I can't wait to see what the future holds for Carson, and I can't wait for fun holidays with him and his little brother in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment