Lately I've been thinking a lot about the little things Carson does or says that I probably take for granted now and am going to miss (or even forget!) someday. And I don't want to forget. That's why I'm making a book of all my blog posts - so I'll have these pictures and memories to look back on.
The weather has been absolutely beautiful lately - in the 60s, sunny, and blue skies. You couldn't ask for much better! As a glorious result, we've been enjoying more and more time outside. And Carson loves it. Carson must bring me his shoes at least 10 times a day wanting to go outside. He has just gotten tall enough that if the main door is open, he can actually open the screen door himself. More than once, we've caught him making a break for it out of the house!
The only disadvantage of Carson's deepening love for being outside is that he's starting to melt down when he doesn't get to go outside. For example, when he knows we're about to leave for somewhere or go play outside, he'll throw himself on the ground crying at the door until we actually leave - no matter how fast I try to get ready or how many times I tell him we're going to be outside very, very soon.
Carson loves our adventures to the park. He loves listening to the birds and watching the wind blow through the trees and grass. He also loves following other kids around the playground - just watching them! And of course, he still passionately loves the slides. Each time he reaches the bottom of a slide, he's got a smile from ear to ear, and he can't stop giggling.
When we take little walks, Carson often pauses every time a car or truck goes by, points his finger, and in an awestruck voice, says "Wow!" It is SO insanely cute and I melt every single time.
His love of cars and trucks has also manifested itself in the toys he plays with the most. Anything with wheels. All his little cars and trucks and trains. He just adores them. It used to be that when I heard silence from him in the house, nothing good was happening. Lately, I'll rush to find him - expecting some disaster in the making or some dangerous stunt in the process. Instead, I'll find Carson quietly scooting a couple of cars along some flat, smooth surface. It's all too precious. :)
....Although...for the first time a couple weeks ago, I walked in to find him sitting on a kitchen chair, quietly playing with his red car from Nana Janie. If only he could safely get off the chair or if only I could be promised he won't figure out how to get on top of the table ... then I wouldn't worry! (ok, ok, I'm me - so of course I'll always worry...but I'd worry less. ish. :)
I couldn't help but take some pictures of him when the same thing happened the next day. Isn't he just the cutest little boy ever?! I can't get over how much older he's looking. He doesn't look like a baby anymore. And I suppose he isn't! He's getting to be such a big boy!
As for words, Carson for the most part still doesn't say anything crystal clear. But he's getting much better at it all the same!
For "shoe" he'll often say "shhh" and occasionally "su."
For "sock" he'll either say "sss" or "ck." (Once a couple mornings ago I got him to repeat "sock" though!)
He does say "up!" although sometimes just grunts until he's picked up!
He says "uh-oh!" when he throws things (most especially his sippy cup) from his high chair.
He says "Pa-pa" for grandpa, and actually excitedly repeats it when we drive into Grandma and Grandpa's driveway.
He says "out" as of just the past week or so! Now everything is "out" - if he wants up onto a chair, down from the chair, etc etc. haha! It's pretty cute.
Carson is starting to repeat words I say to him as well! Like "toast" and "apple" (well, apple comes more like "up-le." :) But he knew what he was talking about!
He's also recently started saying "bye-bye" as he waves goodbye. I love it!
And of course he still says "da-da" for Alex and "ba-ba" for his bottle and "ba" for ball.
And today, he started one of the cutest things. Whenever Alex and I throw a ball for him, we'll say, "1...2...3...throw!" And today, he started doing his own version of counting: "do...do...do...dooo!" in a super animated voice, and then he'll throw the ball. Haha, I took a video of it, and Alex and I couldn't stop laughing!
I just love Carson more and more every single day! And I absolutely love the little person he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment