Last Monday (April 27th) marked 30 weeks for me! The little guy was the size of a cucumber and had a grip strong enough to grasp a finger.
I've accepted that preggo pictures from here on out will just be giant whale pictures. But hey, it's cool; that just means the baby will be here soon, right?!
Food cravings? Mint brownies from Golden Harvest. They are HEAVEN. And avocados. Yummmm....so tasty.
So I'm sitting here right now, trying to think of positive things to talk about. But...I'm struggling. I don't sleep, although I'm constantly tired. And Braxton Hicks have started and what's worse is the cramping. I've been straight up unable to take care of Carson on some days because of such intense cramping. My doctor explained when it's something to call them about, and it's not really to that point. He said there's a good chance it's a result of the fibroids mixed with the ever-growing baby and all. And it. is. destroying. me. Some mornings Alex has to physically help me out of bed. Some days Carson's activity is minimal because I just ... can't do anything but lay in pain. And it breaks my heart when he sobs, wanting to play on the slides or something - and I just ... can't.
Alex is, well, beyond the best husband in the world. In moments like this - where life is just hard - my mind always flashes back to the many occasions where Heavenly Father so strongly impressed upon me the need to marry Alex. I honestly can't see all this being possible without him by my side, and I'm just so grateful for all he helps me with. Even right down to his persistent, somewhat "demanding" requests that I take it easy and not do more than I should.
Although I know he's right, I'm struggling. And I will leave it at that so I don't start crying. This will, eventually, end. And it will, eventually, bring a precious baby boy to my arms. So I'll try to cling to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment