Thursday, May 28, 2015

Carson's words

Carson had his 18-month check-up a little while ago, which went great! He's 24.1 pounds, putting him in the 50th percentile! And he's 32.5 inches long - also in the 50th percentile! And his head? 75th percentile at 48 inches! Poor Carson cried most of the appointment though! - when the nurse walked in, when the doctor walked in, when the doctor poked and prodded at him, and of course - when he got his shot.

But anyway, one of the many questions they asked us was how many words (including "words") Carson says. I didn't think it was that many, but after the appointment, Alex and I tried to recall all of Carson's words; I was astounded by how many he says! 

"Da-da" for daddy.

"buh-buh" for bye/goodbye, as he waves of course.

"ba-ba" for bottle.

"Dow" for down.

"Apull" for apple, or sometimes "uh-pull"

Juice, which sometimes comes out more like "jus"

"Wa-wa" for water.

"Do...do...do! DO! " for counting "1..2..go!."

"choo-choo" for his trains

"Pa-pa" for Grandpa.

"Dees" for this.

Hi - as of the past couple weeks since I taught him how to talk on a pretend-phone. i.e. a block!

No - which has quickly become his favorite word! Sometimes he'll say "no no" to things he knows he's not supposed to play with, and sometimes he'll say "no" after I ask him to do something! 

Cheese. 

Ball. 

Shoe. (sometimes comes out as "su")

Shoes. 

Sock.

Poop, on occasion. Haha! Or sometimes poo-poo.

Toast.

Up.

Out.

"Peese" or "p" for please.

"Da-u" (..kinda!) for thank you.

"Bay-bay"  for baby. He's started this just the past couple days! He gets super excited when he sees a picture of a baby, like on his diaper box, and it's so cute!

"Ca" for car.

Cheers. It's a game we play when he's not eating much food. We'll tell Carson to grab a bite of food, and then we grab a bite of food, then we "cheers" the bites, and then (hopefully) eat it! haha, it's so cute when Carson does it! And sometimes he'll take two pieces of food - one in each hand - and touch them together as he says "cheers." I love it!

Ma-ma for mom! I finally heard him say clear as day a couple nights ago when he was tired, crying, and ready for bed. Melted. my. SOUL. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment