1) Thursday, September 17th, Sawyer had his first real laugh. Alex was changing him and started tickling him - from thighs to chin. Sawyer busted a huge toothless smile and let out the cutest laugh! He's turned into such a babbling, chatty baby; he coos and smiles and laughs after getting a full belly of milk. And just within the last couple days, he gets super smiley when I swaddle him up so he can sleep. That's one of the only real ways to get him to sleep: swaddle him up and give him his pacy. Oh, does he ever love it! That, and falling asleep in his swing. :)
2) Sawyer is a total daddy's boy, which is so crazy adorable. He'll still smile and laugh for me, but not nearly as easily or as often as he does for Daddy.
3) Carson still kisses Sawyer roughly a thousand times a day. Sometimes Carson has genuine tear-sobbing meltdowns if he wants to give Sawyer a kiss and can't for some reason. Lately he's actually started saying, "kiss, kiss!" in the cutest little voice when he wants to kiss Sawyer, Daddy, or Mommy. It makes me whole inside. :)
4) In fact, I can't remember if I've written about this or not, but before bedtime each night, Carson gives kisses to everyone. He's started to specifically want Mommy and Daddy to kiss, too. You see, Carson will give baby "Saw-Saw" (in Carson's language, or sometimes "Soy-soy," or sometimes "So-yah") a kiss, then Mommy a kiss, then Daddy, and then he'll look from Alex to me and say, "Daddy! Daddy!" until we kiss. :) Again, it makes me whole inside and melts me beyond words. :)
5) Friday, September 18th, Carson helped me bake cookies for the first time. He stood on the chair, in awe of the mixer and loving to taste the dough. Every time he would, he'd enthusiastically say, "Mmmm!" (And he does that every time he tastes anything he likes now, even water. :) I made two different kinds of cookies - chocolate chip and toffee pieces with caramel pieces. He literally stood forever on the chair moving dough back and forth between the two bowls!
6) In the wee late hours of a Saturday night feeding (Sept 19th), Sawyer totally let out a big laugh in his sleep while he was in my arms. Cutest thing ever!
7) Last week, I started a bunch of classes at the YMCA. Carson now successfully goes to Adventure Alley day care, with only minimal crying when I initially leave. :) Sawyer does really well there, too. Well, he's asleep usually but still! :) Whenever I pick them up, (or even when I pick Carson up from nursery on Sundays) Carson runs at me full tilt with the utmost happiness and excitedly exclaims, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" as though nothing could possibly be better than seeing me. That makes his recent insanely intense crabbiness, sleepless nights, on-the-floor meltdowns, teenage sighs and eye rolling much more bearable (Carson has been cutting his 2 yr old molars lately, and it has been pure hell!). In fact, when he's that excited to see me, I actually completely forget about how difficult he's been lately.
8) Earlier today, Carson melted down in hysteric sobs until I finally figured out that he wanted to stand on a chair in front of the kitchen sink with the water running. He played for a good 20 minutes or so - washing his hands, running water on the spoons in the sink, switching water back and forth between bowls and cups, etc. He was SO happy! And I have no idea where he got the idea or desire to do it, but it was SO cute! Oh, and he got SO soaked, as did the floor! Now if only I could get him to wash the dishes! ;) I actually handed him our sponge thing and showed him how it squeezed out soap. Then I showed him how he could make bubbles with it on the dishes. "No, no, no," was his response! Oh well, maybe someday! ;)
9) Sawyer's little noises. When he was first born, I woke up to every movement and every big breath he took, I swear. But now, he makes the sweetest, softest little noises as he's sleeping that actually help me fall asleep. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment