Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015

Today was a fantastic Christmas. :) Although it looked like it was going to be a brown, snowless Christmas, we finally got snow a couple nights ago after it rained all day! Nothing beats a white Christmas and Carson pointing out the window, "Nooo! Nooo!" (which is a noticeably different "Noo!" than when he's so frequently being naughty these days and saying no to everything!)

We got our tree (which Terri brought over, bless her heart!) earlier this past week, and we decorated it Monday after the boys and I got back from Milwaukee Sunday night. Carson loved decorating the tree. After I'd help him put an ornament on, he'd excitedly walk over to the pile of ornaments and say, " 'Nuther unn!" (meaning "another one").



This morning I was the first one awake, just too excited to sleep! When everyone was finally up, we opened stockings and presents. Alex surprised me with a tablet that he got a super good deal on! It is AWESOME and it's going to be SO nice to have! Earlier this week, I made a trip to the Dollar Tree and Walmart just to grab a few small things - you know, peppermint candies, some goodies for Alex, a bottle brush and a teething toothbrush for Sawyer (fun stuff for a 5 month old, ya know!), a cheap Elmo DVD for Carson along with an Elmo spoon and fork set, an Elmo loofa, and a few other small things from the Dollar Tree for Carson. He had a BLAST opening presents! He'd open one, and then quickly move to the next one saying, "Open present! Open present!" Carson was also particularly thrilled with all the candy. He'd go from one piece to another, wanting more and more. Haha!










Since it was Sawyer's first Christmas, I naturally had to take some pictures of him being all cute, too!




We spent some time with Owen, Symon, Kaleb, and Jake over at John and Terri's (where Sawyer rolled over onto his stomach for the first time!), and then later tonight we had a delicious prime rib dinner (bought by Andy but prepared by Alex), and it was AMAZING! AND it was followed by grasshopper pie for dessert, so it was a VERY good night!


The day after Christmas, we all went to Macie and Vijai's. We had a blast with delicious food, a nice white elephant gift exchange, playing in the snow, games, and lots of laughter. I love it when we all get together!






I truly feel so blessed to live where I do, enjoy the luxuries I have, have the wonderful family I have, and most of all, for a knowledge of my Savior's birth, life, and Atonement. It's certainly been a merry Christmas indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment