When I first found out Sawyer was going to be a boy, people would tell me all the time that my two boys would be the best of friends and total mischief makers. I had no idea this would start already.
Yesterday, Carson wanted a snack. His mom wanted some Cheez It crackers, so Carson had some too. Don't judge! Anyway, Carson was sitting with his crackers watching some Sesame Street. Sawyer laid beside him playing on a blanket. I had to run to the other room to do something and as I left I had the thought, "Hmm...Cheez Its....I wonder...Nah, Carson wouldn't do that."
But...Carson is VERY big on sharing with his little brother. Which is typically very sweet. I came back into the room to find Carson's hand beside his brother's mouth, cheese cracker in hand. As soon as Carson saw me, he backed away with the cracker, knowing very well he'd done something he wasn't supposed to. I, completely calm (okay, okay - totally panicked), rushed over to Sawyer to make sure he wasn't chocking on a cracker.
He wasn't. In fact, he was very smiley and very happy. I smelled his breath, and sure enough ... cheese breath. He looked at me as though to say, "Man, mom!! You've been holding out on me! Good thing I've got Carson!"
Part of me freaked out - Should I call poison control!? (yeah, my crazy brain actually went there) Should I call his doctor?! Should I at least call one of my sisters-in-law?! But then I remembered something: Sawyer and Carson are not the first set of brothers to ever live on the earth; I'm sure toddlers and their younger siblings have similar mishaps. Boys will be boys, and I have a feeling this is only the very tip of the iceberg!
Pretty funny! Younger kids get to do all the fun stuff earlier!
ReplyDelete