Saturday, August 31, 2013

Presque Isle

Every summer, the whole Lindner clan gets together for a week full of fishing, swimming, games, crafts, laughter, and of course - amazing food. For the past few years, we've been travelling to this mansion of a cabin on a lake in Presque Isle.




It is, without a doubt, the most peaceful relaxing vacation ever. I didn't really take pictures, but that's okay. I guess what means the most is a chance to spend time with all my amazing family on Alex's side. It's not often that being around 25 1/2 (including little Hershey) people can be tolerable, let alone ridiculously fun. But it's true - you bring all the Lindner clan together, and I'm just ... happy. Something about the combination of having all of them around me, the sweet laughter of all my nieces and nephews, holding my brand new nephew Symon, the relaxing atmosphere away from reality, and the magic of all the delicious food - it's like the perfect formula to the real, true me coming out. Sounds weird; but it's true. There aren't a ton of instances where I'm truly myself. All too often, ED gets in the way or I'm uptight and stressed about something or who knows what else - and consequently who I really am gets buried under layers of ... ickiness.

But the week with family, food, and relaxing fun helps me remember who's underneath all those unpleasant layers. And it's refreshing to get "better acquainted" with the real Breanne. It's such a blessing to have so many family members who help me see the best version of myself. And not only that, but they help me be the best version of myself.

And it doesn't hurt to have sisters-in-law with awesome artistic abilities ...




And I can't show these pictures of my belly without mentioning how much more excited I am for this little man's arrival since our vacation to Presque Isle. It was just amazing to picture little Hershey crawling around this time next summer with tiny baby Symon - who will probably be walking by then. I can't wait for Hershey to run around with all his cousins because they are seriously the best, sweetest, most fun little kids ever. And I can't wait for Hershey to be a part of this family outside my belly. I can already feel of how much this family loves him, and I can't wait for him to be an active participant of the family. He's getting some of the best family he could ever have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment