Thursday, November 14, 2013

1 month old!

I can't believe my little boy is one month old today. In a way, it feels like just yesterday Carson was born, but at the same time, it feels like Carson has been part of our family for years. And despite all the sleepless nights and the frequent times he pees on me, I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Being a mom is definitely the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's also the most rewarding.

Carson is growing so fast, and his personality shows through more and more each day. He doesn't sleep very well in his bassinet, but he loves his swing. He loves watching the spinning mobile, and he's soothed by the music his swing plays. In his swing, he can sleep soundly for as long as 5 hours at a time... Although those 5 hour stretches are always during the day. At night, Carson's sleeping is very sporadic. He'll cluster feed, sleep for a couple hours, then cluster feed again. Needless to say, mine and Alex's sleeping schedules are super messed up! Good thing Carson is so cute! ;)

When he wakes up, his cry is so sweet. Even when he gets to crying hard, Carson is easily consoled just by being snuggled. He's started to take a pacifier, but only wants it occasionally - like when he has the hiccups. He nurses really well now, although he's like his mom when it comes to hunger. You see, he gets pretty cranky when he's really hungry, and in such instances, he has the hardest time latching! It's really funny actually because I see myself in him so much because I have a tendency of getting cranky when I'm really hungry too.

When Carson does finally latch, he gets super happy about eating. So much so that he'll often dramatically stretch his arm out and throw it across his face...like so:


It's so cute because it's like he's saying, "Don't look at me while I eat!" Too adorable. :) Nursing is one of my favorite times with him because I love his sweet little noises and big, deep breaths.

Lately, Carson has been spending more and more time awake between feedings and sleeping. I love it because he's so alert and loves studying his surroundings. And yet he doesn't make a sound!

He's also discovering his tongue, as well as his arms. He'll wave his arms in front of his face and just kind of watch them. And he loves sticking his tongue out. Carson is also getting a lot stronger, kicking his legs and trying to push away when he's frustrated. He's getting stronger with his neck too - lifting his head more and more. He definitely loves "tummy time" on Alex's chest or mine, but he still wails when I try to lay him on the floor for "tummy time."

Overall, Carson is such a sweet, even-tempered baby. He's growing and changing - which I love and hate at the same time. But I definitely love him more every day. :)

...And to remember what he looks like at 1 month old, I took roughly a million pictures of Carson today. He was so patient with me dressing him up and posing him! And he was so alert through most of it!






"Soo big!"



"Enough with the pictures, Mom!"

lovin' his tongue

I just love this outfit from Carson's Aunt Hiedi! He's definitely ready to hunt coyotes with Bumpa Terry and trap with Grandpa John! ;)



big yawns





just look at those chunky cheeks!


I think he was wiped out from all the picture taking...

Sweet little smile :) It just melts my heart



No comments:

Post a Comment