Carson actually had a check-up a couple days ago. 16 pounds even! And he was either 25 and 3/4 inches or 26 and 3/4 inches .. I can't remember which. He's doing great with gaining weight. It's so adorable how he's seriously got chub all over - like dimples of cute fat on his elbows even!
Carson is rolling over like crazy now. He loves his mouth, and especially when I move my finger quickly over his lips (he loves the sound it makes). We've started reading more books, and he absolutely loves it! ...well, at least eating the books. We went to the library a couple of days ago and I had to sanitize all the books because naturally, they go straight in his mouth! I've got a couple books that are sensory geared and he loves feeling the "fur" of the goats, etc.
Since he has a couple of teeth now, I've been brushing his teeth with a little finger brush, and he absolutely loves it! ..Although in these two pictures it looks like he's just trying to eat the little tooth brush. Haha!
I don't know how obvious it is in the pictures, but Carson has a good bunch of hair ... on top of his head! But he has very little hair on the sides. It's kind of preciously adorable. :) And it's looking more and more like the color of his daddy's hair, which I just love.
Carson still loves baths and being outside. He loves his rice cereal, but we just tried giving him squash last night and he was not a fan! I filmed his reaction to it, and I'm so glad I did because it's SO funny! It's exciting to think about giving him different foods and seeing what he ends up liking and hating.
He definitely prefers Mom or Dad, and that's kind of hard. I mean, I love that he wants his mommy. I love that when someone else holds him in a loud, crowded room, he looks around to make sure I'm still there. But it does get kind of challenging because of course, I want him to love other family members or friends and not cry. And I want them to be able to babysit Carson and enjoy it, not have Carson cry the whole time. I actually just got a YMCA membership a couple weeks ago (which I LOVE), and I've taken Carson to "Adventure Alley" a couple of times now. The sitters there are fantastic, so I definitely feel comfortable leaving Carson with them for an hour while I get my yogilates or whatever on. :) And...when I picked Carson up the last time, he was contentedly snuggling with one of the workers. So it's definitely good for him. And for me.
So in contemplating what my favorite thing about Carson is right now ... I'd have to say his kisses. Lately, when I'm changing his diaper, he'll reach around my arm, hold on tight with both of his hands, and kiss my arm repeatedly - all while smiling and cooing. His eyes light up, and even in a simple moment of changing a dirty diaper, I'm the happiest I've ever been. And I love all the simple moments with him, and I look forward to more of them. :)
| Dimples!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment