"I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" is a classic Primary song I remember singing in church as a kid. Tonight those lyrics rang true in our household.
Carson and I had a great day. He ate his food really well (carrots for the first time today!). He did great just playing by himself for a bit here and there. He took great naps - during which time I was able to get most the house cleaned. We even took a nice walk.
But like many nights, Carson had a horrific time going to bed. It's so weird; he'll be so exhausted but has the hardest time falling asleep. Tonight, he wouldn't stop wailing while I tried nursing him. So finally I got up, left his bedroom, took him to the kitchen window, and said, "Look, Carson! That's where Daddy will park when he gets home in a few minutes!"
And this is the response I got:
Carson was suddenly super happy, smiley, and giggly. I had to take a video he was laughing so much! So then, Carson and I waited for Daddy to get home. Carson kept looking out the window, then looking at me, then smiling and laughing. It was the cutest, sweetest thing ever. It really does melt my heart to see how much Carson loves his daddy and how much his daddy adores him.
He's just so glad when Daddy comes home. :) And so is Mommy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment