Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sawyer's 2 months old!

My little FB (Fat Baby), as he is now affectionately known as by his daddy, turned 2 months old yesterday!  And do we ever love him! At about 1.5 months, he started smiling and now smiles all the time! Especially when he's got a full belly or even when I'm getting ready to feed him and he knows what's coming! He loves cooing and talking to us. Bath time is his favorite thing in the world; he just coos and smiles constantly! Last night he actually discovered he can kick and splash in the tub! 

He loves kicking his legs and has gotten so strong that he can stand quite steady when I hold him up. His neck has gotten really strong too! He can pretty much hold his head up by himself now. And just within the last week, he holds his head up for tummy time without crying! He holds his head up so high and stays that way for a good while, too! Recently Sawyer also started sucking on his hands, which he does whenever he's hungry. In fact. he even sucks his hands quite a bit when he's content. Either that, or he takes his pacy. He can certainly pacify himself for a lot longer now that he's sucking on his hands, though!

His eyes are getting bluer by the day, and they're just the most beautiful shade of blue! I think his hair has gotten a little lighter since he's been born, but it's still got a brownish-red tint to it. His hair has kind of got some curl to it, too. Whenever he's had a bath, I brush his hair and it gets all fluffy and curly and it's SO cute! His two dimples are so prominent every time he smiles, and it melts me every time! And his fat .... oh, does he ever have baby fat and I LOVE it to PIECES! He's got some especially good rolls on his upper inner thighs and behind his knees. :) 

Sawyer definitely recognizes Mommy and Daddy's voices, and is pretty keen on smiling for anyone who gives him enough attention. :) I even left him at Adventure Alley dare care at the YMCA one day and he did great! Granted, he slept the whole time, but still! :) 

Sawyer is sleeping and eating wonderfully! During the day, he typically eats every 2-3ish hours. Then he cluster feeds in the evenings. But then he'll usually sleep from 12 am or 1 am until 5 or so in the morning. And because I have the best husband in the world, Alex almost always takes Sawyer at that shift and gives him a bottle. That's another fantastic thing about Sawyer: he's taken a bottle perfectly well since he was a week old! So then all I have to do at 5 am or so is pump. I feel SO blessed to have a husband who is so involved and helpful. I don't know what I'd do without him! 

Sawyer is such a terrific baby, he really is. The only time he cries is when he's hungry or gassy, and even then he doesn't really rage or anything. Oh, except for the week of August 24th. When we got back from North Dakota, Sawyer would be fine during the day but then rage and wail in the evenings until about 2 am. It. was. AWFUL. He was also spitting up massive amounts, and in my gut I knew it had to be something I was eating. 

I couldn't figure it out because I hadn't tried anything new or different. But we finally discovered it was chocolate. Tragically, devastatingly, chocolate. What I don't get is that I had been having chocolate up until that point without any trouble. The only difference was that I had started having more chocolate than normal because we had leftover goodies from Nauvoo. Anyway, I cut chocolate out, and Sawyer went back to normal. Complete normalcy. And I. AM. DYING. I keep joking with Sawyer and Alex that I'm not going to nurse 14 months like I did with Carson; that I'll just be done nursing, like, tomorrow. Seriously though, the struggle is real. I get insanely angry at times because I'm having chocolate withdrawals. And at that point, Alex tells me I'm worse not having chocolate than Sawyer is when I do have chocolate. Ugh, I'm not going to make it...

Good thing this little...err, I mean very chunky...guy is so gosh darn cute!






































No comments:

Post a Comment