Thursday, September 3, 2015

things to remember

Somehow, I blink, and my two little baby boys are bigger. Huge, in fact. Carson's literally saying more words every single day. And saying more and more words correctly. On Saturday, August 29th, Carson finally said "boat." Up until that point, he called it a "boap." Not gunna lie, despite being very proud that he finally nailed the "t" at the end of the word, it made me a little sad! On that same day, I got Carson a Elmo potty seat. He LOVED playing with it in the store (peak-a-boo with the cashier, specifically!), but was TERRIFIED to actually sit on it! haha!

Carson is becoming so independent - like playing for huge lengths of time with his many beloved cars. He's even getting so helpful; I can ask him to bring me something for the baby (like a diaper, blanket, etc.) and he'll drop whatever he's doing to bring it to me. And sometimes he'll bring Sawyer's things to me voluntarily, just because he wants to help out on his own. 

Carson's personality is coming out in full force, and in the cutest of ways. He loves having a bagel in the morning, and excitedly calls, "Bagel!" on repeat when he walks into the kitchen. Naturally, he loves cream cheese on it, but he passionately hates getting cream cheese - or anything else for that matter - on his fingers. He fusses and won't continue to eat until I either A) lick his fingers clean, or B) wipe up his fingers. It's kind of adorable. :)

He loves giving hugs and kisses (and in fact said the word "kiss" for the first time today!). Lots of times, Carson will straight up charge at me or Alex and throw his arms around us. It melts me completely. Other times, he'll run up to me from behind when I'm standing and give my leg a big hug. Heck, he even loves kissing his cars! He's such a compassionate, affectionate little boy, and I love him so much. Earlier this summer, Alex brought Carson into our bedroom. On two opposite walls, there are pictures of Christ. After giving me and baby Sawyer a kiss goodnight, Carson pointed to one of the pictures and said "Gee-gee!" and indicated that he wanted to give Jesus a kiss. After kissing the picture, he pointed to the one on the opposite wall, where he proceeded to kiss that picture of Jesus. Melt. my. SOUL. I'm so proud of the little boy he is - of his already-evident love for the Savior and for everyone around him. Most especially, his baby brother. Carson must give Sawyer literally hundreds of kisses each day. 

And Sawyer ... oh my goodness, is he ever a mini - Carson! Except chunkier! Oh so chunkier! He has giant rolls of fat, like, everywhere! His upper thighs and backs of his knees especially. He's an incredibly easy going, good-natured baby, and I love him to pieces. On our family vacation to Nauvoo (August 17th - 22nd), he really started cooing and smiling. But it wasn't til his bath that Saturday night (the 22nd) that I was fully convinced he was truly smiling and not just gassy. He loves baths SO much and was smiling SO big and SO frequently during his bath that night! On the following Saturday (the 29th), he started sucking his hand/fingers and I can't explain why, but it's the cutest! And on Wednesday, September 2nd, he had his first successful no-crying tummy time! He's growing bigger, cuter, and sweeter every single day, I'm convinced. How is it possible that he's going to be two months old in a couple days?!

Lots of times I get caught up in how much work it is having two little boys so young and so close together in age. It's a lot of diapers. And a lot of tears (mine and theirs). But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love it, and I love them. And somehow, I love getting to be their earthly mommy more and more every single day. I just love seeing them grow, change, and become ... well ... these precious little people with their own personalities. :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment