Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sawyer's 4 months old!

Somehow, my baby turned 4 months old last week on November 5th! What?! How is this possible?! I swear I just went into labor with him yesterday!

And somehow, I swear Sawyer becomes a happier and even more smiley baby every single day! All it takes is looking at him and his whole face lights up! Heck, sometimes he'll be hanging out by himself in his bouncy seat or swing and will be smiling and jabbering away! Oh, and his most ticklish spots have expanded to: thighs, backs of the knees, collar bone region, and the sides of his back. I love seeing him laugh so incredibly hard!

Sawyer is still super close to rolling over from his back to his stomach. He still gets stuck on his side! But I think it'll happen any day! He is also grabbing stuff all the time with his hands - toys, blankets, my hair, you know! He sits in his Bumbo really well now and has been for a couple weeks now.  His neck has gotten so strong that I can even carry him on my hip for a little while! He is also a hard-core thumb sucker, and it is oh-so cute!

He's going through a phase (at least I hope that's all it is) with preferring a bottle over breast feeding. The weird thing is, it'll be so random! Sometimes he'll nurse totally fine without any issues. Other times, he'll only want to nurse from one side. And then sometimes he will hardly nurse at all on one side and just wants a bottle. It can get really frustrating, but I'm trying not to dwell on it!

I'm pretty sure Sawyer is ready for rice cereal, but I think his mommy is still having a hard time with the idea of it. I didn't start giving Carson rice cereal until he was 6 months because he was already sleeping through the night and all, but Sawyer ... man, that kid can eat!

Throughout the late morning to late evening, Sawyer still eats about every 2-4 hours. He'll usually wake up and eat around 8 to 9:30 at night, and then he'll sleep for a few hours til roughly 12:30 am. At that feeding, Alex usually takes Sawyer so I can sleep (bless him!) And it's at that feeding that Sawyer will drink up to 6 or 7 ounces of milk! After falling back asleep, the next time he wakes up to eat is anywhere from 4 or 5 am up until 8 am or so. That's right - a few times, he's slept until a reasonable hour! Oh, how glorious those few occasions have been! After I feed him that morning feeding, Sawyer will usually sleep another 5ish hour stretch.

Actually, Saturday night and Sunday night, Sawyer slept from about midnight until 7 am without making a peep! It. was. GLORIOUS! I was trying not to get my hopes up that he'd start sleeping through the night on a regular basis...but...I did get my hopes up! And then came last night: Sawyer was pretty much up all night...ugh, I'm so tired today! But at least some nights he's been sleeping really good! Hopefully those will happen more and more frequently!

Sawyer loves getting his diaper changed and loves getting naked. He'll laugh so hard every time and gets super smiley! His fat rolls are getting out of control, and I love love love it! He's so big that he's already somehow in size 3 diapers! (Keep in mind Carson is still in 4's!) And Sawyer is also somehow in 3-6 month clothes!

Sawyer had his 4 month check up today. The Bean weighs 15 lbs 10.7 oz! Holy moley! And he's 25 inches long! That puts him in the 50th percentile for both weight and height! Oh, and he's in the 95th percentile for head circumference measuring in at 43.5 cm! He's just such a chunk!! :)

Sawyer has definitely inherited his daddy's patience. Lately Carson has been sick (a LOT), and has consequently been more fussy, clingy, and needy than usual. (Or maybe Carson is finally reaching the Terrible Twos...oh I hope not!) Because of that, I've been having to put Carson's needs first a lot of the time. It makes me feel so bad for Sawyer, but man, is The Bean ever patient! Seriously, even if Sawyer is hungry and kind of getting fussy, I can just walk over and look at him for a minute and he'll get all smiley! In such instances, Sawyer gets really torn up about whether he should laugh or cry and consequently he'll kind of do both! Haha! I guess it kind of makes since that a baby would be more patient than a two-year-old, but seriously, I am impressed by just how easy-going Sawyer is!

Sawyer keeps getting more and more attentive and observant to the world around him. Most in particular, to his big brother. Seriously, Sawyer will intently watch Carson play for the longest time, and he just loves it! Sawyer will smile and follow Carson with his eyes all over the living room! And in turn, Carson will try to share with Sawyer by giving him markers, toys, etc. It's SO incredibly sweet how much Carson wants his little brother to have what he has! And it's also SO sweet how Sawyer's face just lights up whenever Carson holds him or kisses him.

Our warm days are getting shorter and fewer, but they are still happening! Last week there were some 65 - 70 degree days! (And go figure that back home in AZ my parents have gotten snow!) And even still today it was in the upper 50s! The boys and I have been eating it up! We've gone to the park in just sweatshirts and it's been amazing! Even though Carson loves swinging and sliding, I think he might love pushing Sawyer's stroller the most. It's SO sweet! Sawyer, in turn, really loves being pushed in his car seat stroller and often falls asleep. Their budding friendship melts me to the core, and I just love my boys so much!

Stop growing up, though!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment