Monday, November 9th was a big day for Carson. Well, a big day for me I guess. Carson and I went on a little date to Pioneer park together since the weather was pretty nice. He absolutely loves swinging and watching other kids run around, and he loves going down the slides. With the smaller slides, he goes down by himself and I catch him at the bottom, or we'll go down side by side. But on the biggest slide, I always take him down on my lap.
There was a little girl about Carson's age (maybe even younger because she was super tiny) with her dad, and he kept sending her down the big slide all by herself. At first I was thinking, "Oh, that's crazy! She's too little!" But the more I watched her, the more I thought that maybe I've just been being over protective with Carson. Whoops.
Carson kept taking my hand to go down the big slide; he was just having the time of his life! One time I asked him, "Carson, would you like to go down the big slide all by yourself?" His eyes lit up and he started exclaiming, "Self! Self!" over and over.
And so he climbed the stairs and prepared to go himself. Oh, I was freaking out! "What if he decides to go head first?! I won't be able to get to him in time!" But, he reached the top of the slide, sat on his buns, and slid down all by himself. Oh my goodness, I've never seen him so ecstatic at the park before! He was smiling and laughing all the way to the top of the slide - where he repeated going all by himself over and over and over again.
Sometimes I overlook or forget how big my "little baby" is getting. I unintentionally underestimate what he's capable of because in my mind, he's still my little boy. But he's really not anymore! I mean, he'll always be my little boy, but now he's my little big boy. He's full of spunk, laughter, goofiness, sweetness, and adventure. He's going to do so many great things in his life; I just know it. He can already do so much, and he's constantly surprising me with what he's able to do. And now it's going down the biggest slide all by himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment