Monday, April 15, 2013

Girls' Weekend + Alex

Girls' weekend (and Alex) was the best thing ever! Grandma Lehman, Loni, Nikki, Brodee, Terri, Abby, Macie, me, and my brave, not-afraid-of-all-the-girls-in-the-family-altogether husband Alex went to Appleton   Friday to see The Lion King on Broadway. Although it's normally a very long drive, it flew by with all the giggles and treats in the car.

We got to our hotel in the afternoon and freshened up for the show. Alex obviously took the longest primping because it's not like the rest of us girls wanted to get all dolled up! There may have been a little craziness that ensued...the details of which are confidential!

I have NO idea what was going on, but you gotta love it!



Our rooms had wall-to-wall mirrors. Odd? Yeah. But awesome.


Creeper? Yup, just a little.


Mee-ow.

Macie's got some muscles

The attack?

I love her lots. :) And can you see my belly?!



Lovely ladies



 We're silly.



Love him lots. :)
After getting all prettied up, Brodee took us to this super nice restaurant called Pullman's. I got this ammmazing chicken with an almond-butter coating. It was DIVINE.

Alex tried escaping from the picture. I wouldn't let him.


After sampling each other's meals and stuffing ourselves, we headed to the Lion King! This is what the building looked like:

The building was SO pretty on the inside! It made me feel all fancy and everything. I didn't really take any pictures though because there were signs prohibiting photography, and I was too scared of getting caught. haha. But I did manage to take one quick picture of the stage from our seats! 

The picture doesn't do it justice! And can you see the two drum  booths on  both sides?!  The orchestra sat in that pit in front of the stage.



The performance itself was seriously indescribable! The singing was AMAZING! Especially Rafiki! And the performers dressed up in the most intricate costumes - like even using stilt-like things to be giraffes. The lighting of how they did the stars at night legitimately looked like stars! And the musical followed the movie really closely, which I loved. It added some really funny extra lines too. The way they had their lion masks was amazing too because the masks moved depending on the position of the performers. Ugh, this description is terrible, but it was seriously one of the coolest experiences ever! I can't wait to see Wicked in June!

After the show, we took a few pictures in the lobby. 

Macie and the uber-pregnant girls! Can't wait to meet those little ones!


All of us! I love these ladies so much! (Oh, and that guy of course!)


Simba vs. Nala. Obviously Nala dominated.
Back at the hotel, some of us partied in the hot tub for a while, and we all shared a bunch more laughs. I crashed hard that night - being pregnant and doing all sorts of activities is really exhausting! 

It was such a great trip, and I had a blast getting to know my wonderful in-laws even better! Hopefully we can have an annual get-together from now on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment