Tuesday, May 7, 2013

16 weeks!

Yesterday marked 16 weeks! I excitedly told Alex, "Oh my goodness, I'm 4 weeks short of being half way through this pregnancy!" ... Apparently that was a funny statement. Haha. :) I'm just a wee bit excited, can you tell?

My books say that this week the baby is the size of an avocado! And within the next few weeks, the baby will double in weight! I've also read that between 16 and 22 weeks, the baby is able to hear my voice. So of course, Alex and I have been talking a lot to this little one. :) ... And I may or may not be reading children's books to my little belly.

I guess somewhere between 16 and 22 weeks is also the general time frame of when women start to feel their baby kick! I can't begin to say how excited I am for that!

I'm crazy anxious to find out if it's a girl or boy. My mom's gut says it's a girl. My sister-in-law Katie thinks it's a girl, too. And my mother-in-law thinks it's a boy. And me - I don't know! For the longest time, I felt like it was a boy, but now I don't really feel one way or the other. Alex and I talked about names a few days ago, and it was so exciting thinking about our little one with an identity! I think we've got girl names narrowed to three, but boy names seem harder! If anyone has name suggestions, let me know!

And here are a few pictures...






























With each picture Alex took, I kept thinking the picture didn't do justice just how big I feel. Hence the numerous pictures. I swear I look in the mirror and my belly looks more baby-distinguishable!

So one thing I've noticed lately is my crazy mood. I keep getting crazy passionate about T.V. shows, for instance. I'll get super sad over the person who dies in River Monsters. And then I'll get super angry about certain people who aren't remaining on The Voice. And then we'll turn off the T.V. and I'll be suddenly bouncing off the walls, serenading Alex with Disney songs and laughing wayyy too much. It's really peculiar! Alex actually told me later that night, "You know, you're kind of a nut case. Don't get me wrong; you're my nut case and I love it, but you're still a nut case."

I have no real complaints. I'm having a baby, so I'll take whatever comes with it. :)

4 comments:

  1. You're so fun! haha, I want to hear the names you've picked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was pregnant I would cry watching Oprah! And I want to know the names too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I loved watched TV when I was pregnant. Looking at it now, I would watch shows that would make me cry on purpose. I would youtube the ending scenes of all my favorite TV shows and cry because they were over. I also was watching the Office one day and it happened to be the episode where Michael leaves the show. I was in tears about that. But it was funny since I knew I was being ridiculous, but couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I'm not alone guys! :) As for the names, I'm holding off. Mostly because I'm trying not to get geared for a girl or boy at this point. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete