Well, I can relate. (Don't worry; Alex doesn't sparkle in the sun.) One of the few foods that I really don't like is steak. On occasion, I'll try a bite of Alex's as he raves about it. But it really does nothing for me. To me, there's nothing that great about it. Give me something minty instead!
Anyway, Alex didn't have to work on Thursday. As we were relaxing, he asked me what I wanted to do that day. He offered making me dinner - anything I wanted. Without any hesitation, I replied, "Steak."
His eyes got as big as peppermint patties (clearly I have mint on my mind now). In fact, he kind of got all giddy. "Don't toy with me! You should never joke about steak with me!" I explained I was actually serious - that despite the fact that I've never really cared for steak, I was seriously craving it. "What has your child done to me?!" I joked.
I haven't seen Alex get that excited in a long time. It was comparable to me entering a candy store. Or perhaps me laying eyes on a suuuper cute baby.
Alex immediately set to work looking up the best ways to cook steak. I'm pretty sure he actually did a little dance as he planned out the menu. Note to self: any time I want to see a super adorable side of Alex, just mention steak. :)
Alex prepared the whole meal and forced me to rest the whole time. I have the best husband. :) He did some marinade on the steak and grilled them to absolute perfection. We even had grilled corn on the cob, an absolute favorite of mine. He also made this bacon ranch noodle salad that he got from Andy and Kelly Patton, a couple from his mission.
| I asked Alex how I should plate everything to make it look perfect. "It's steak! It's already perfect!" was the response I got. |
| Alex got this mango passionfruit Bubbly, and I remembered we still had these that we never used at our reception! Steak seemed like an appropriate occasion to bring them out! |
It was with without a doubt one of the best meals I have EVER eaten! And definitely the best steak I have ever tried! I kind of devoured it, actually... Can I blame that on Hershey? ;-) All I really know is that this baby is DEFINITELY like his/her daddy!
That steak looks so good right now. ANYtime that Alex wants to practice his culinary skills and you're not in the mood for steak, just send him my way and we can do a happy steak dance together!! Glad you guys had a good night together. I can't wait to see what ways baby Hershey continues to take after Daddy or Mommy :) Can NOT wait
ReplyDelete