Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pregnancy craziness...beware.





I look pretty normal, right? Just a normal pregnant person. But I'm quickly learning the words "normal" and "pregnant" don't belong in the same sentence. I'm basically losing it!

Within any 10 minute span, I can go from angry to sad to super exhausted to super energized. I feel like I'm supposed to get more energy at this point in my pregnancy, but I'm really just getting more worn out by my sheer insanity!

And food...I'm disturbingly possessive of my food. I cried the other day when I discovered my nieces and nephews had finished my popsicles. And it was Sunday, so I couldn't get more. I was crazy upset when my hot dogs that I'd been looking forward to all date went missing. It's just not natural!

I'm also very anal about accomplishing everything like, yesterday. I'm very anxious to find an apartment in town, but it's so frustrating! I'm in this mode where I feel like I have to figure out where and when we're going to move right now. I'm well aware that finding an apartment takes time and that we will find something prior to Hershey's birth, but I just want to have it all figured out.

My mind is also going to a crazy place in terms of finding out if Hershey is a girl or a boy. I by no means have a preference; I just want to know! I even called my doctor's office to beg them to move my ultrasound appointment up. Fortunately, I think they heard the insanity in my voice and agreed. But even still, the soonest they could get me in is June 13th!

In desperation, I've even looked up all the old wive's tales about how to tell if you're having a girl or boy. Which I know is completely irrational, haha.

In fact, in my last meeting with my counselor, we basically sat and exchanged pregnancy craziness since she had a daughter a couple years ago. That was actually really good for me because it helped me realize it's okay that I'm completely crazy. And in fact, it's pretty dang normal.

So I'm taking my craziness in with a smile. Or at least after I'm able to be rational about my craziness. :) It all works out because at the end of the day, I've got Alex by my side - to hug me while I cry over popsicles or anything bizarre like that. And it definitely all works out because I'm feeling Hershey move around more and more. Best feeling ever. :)






3 comments:

  1. Crazy and pregnant I'm pretty sure are interchangable descriptions. :)

    Just remember it is 40 weeks of insanity with an AMAZING blessing at the end. Everything will work out, put it in the Lord's hand, and enjoy this beautiful time in your life.

    I'm so happy for you guys and also anxious to find out what color blanket to make for Hershey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breanne! You have the cutest baby bump!! Congratulations by the way! This post made me laugh a little. I've yet to experience pregnancy so I can't relate, but I just find pregnancy really interesting and humorous! And I feel pretty confident that when I am pregnant someday I'm going to be possessive of my food as well. I like food WAY to much! haha

    Anyways, I hope you're doing good! -Monica Cawley (Seville)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jacky! It's good for me to be reminded of that sometimes! And man, you make blankets too?! Is there any crafty thing you don't know how to do?! Lol.

    And Monica, I look forward to hopefully hearing about your crazy pregnancy-possessiveness over food someday. lol. Oh, btw, whenever you post pictures of the food you and your husband make, I get a wee bit angry on the inside that I can't actually EAT the food in the picture. lol.

    ReplyDelete