Monday, June 24, 2013

To Katie, with much love and gratitude.

My sister-in-law Katie is pretty awesome. She's one of those super moms that lives a constantly hectic life, but she's just great at doing it. Aside from my great admiration of the kind of mother she is, she's crazy-good crafty, and a phenomenal photographer. She's one of those people you meet, and you pretty much wish you could be like her.

Anyway, apart from the mushy-gushy feelings of my heart, her food is fantastic. Most specifically, her homemade toffee. She found a recipe on Pinterest and I tried some at her house one night. It was magical toffee, I swear. I got the recipe from her, and she helped me make it one Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday, I literally woke up craving the stuff. And not to sound like a crazy person or anything, but lately most of my pregnancy thus far, I vividly dream about specific foods. I wake up the next morning and must have whatever food I dreamed about. Sometimes it's a popsicle, sometimes corn on the cob. But Sunday morning I woke up having dreamed about Katie's homemade toffee.

So duh, I had to make it. The ingredients are all pretty basic, so I was sure we had all the stuff. But I almost burst into tears when I noticed that we had no wax paper. (It's not like I'm pregnant or dramatic or anything.)  Alex disappeared downstairs and returned with a smile across his face as he said, "Guess what I found?" Lo and behold, he found wax paper! And for who knows what reason, I was ecstatic. Who knew wax paper could bring such joy?!

I was determined to not completely ruin the toffee, but of course I was convinced I had until everyone else gave me positive feedback. Now, I enjoy every scrumptious mouthful. :)


Thank you Katie, for opening my life to the beautiful bliss of homemade toffee. 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh thank you!! A special post JUST for me!? I am honored! Thank you:)

    You better hide that toffee... because now that I know you have it I just might break in after the kids are in bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am willing to bet that a completed batch could be shipped to the Milwaukee area to another pregger in need!!!! Sounds good...nice work ladies!

      Delete