Friday, December 26, 2014

12 weeks with munchkin #2 AND Carson walks!

The first blog post I ever made was when I was 12 weeks pregnant with Carson. Wow, that feels like forever ago! And yet, at the same time, it kind of feels like it was yesterday! Earlier this week, (Monday, Dec 22nd), I hit the 12 week mark with this little munchkin!














Let's take a quick look back to 12 weeks with Carson (yes, I wore the same black shirt on purpose) ... What do you think? Do I look a lot bigger this time around? Because I sure feel a lot bigger! haha!



With the end of the first trimester in sight, I'm feeling far less nauseous (with some bad days every now and again). The vomiting has stopped for good, though, I think! (Knock on wood!)

I am needing to sleep an insane amount, just like with Carson. But I think my exhaustion level is far higher this time around. I guess that makes sense since I chase Carson around all day! Unfortunately, the exhaustion factor has taken an extreme - I'm honestly too worn out to shower very often. My record without showering may or may not have almost been a week. In all fairness, that was a week I was vomiting a bunch and super nauseous constantly. I'm very grateful, though, that Carson is such a good sleeper still. He'll often sleep 14 or so hours at night. And he'll still take a 2 or 3 hour nap during the day. (Granted, he's been off and on teething some molars for what feels like a few months, so that's probably part of it!)

Cravings ... well, earlier in this pregnancy, I wasn't eating much just because of all the morning sickness stuff. But what did taste good and actually help with the nausea from the beginning was lemons! Yup, just straight lemons! I remember Alex took me out for a really nice birthday dinner, and out of the cornish gamehen, rolls, appetizers, and even the creme brulee, the thing that tastest best were the lemons. Even still, with feeling a lot better, I really enjoy a good lemon! I also crave orange juice and oranges on a very regular basis. (Although any fruit has tasted SO good! I've hated kiwis my whole life, but suddenly with being pregnant, I LOVE them!)

Basically, citrus-y goodness has been my best friend (along with sprite, Club crackers, ginger chews, and more recently, my anti-nausea medicine! How cool is that?! My doctor prescribed it, and it eases nausea instantly! ... and brings on a killer headache. But I've combined the medicine with a tylenol to prevent the headache, and it works like a dream!)

My other craving? Mexican food. yummmm...I love it! Beans, rice, chimichangas, it's all just so good! For a quicker Mexican fix, though, Taco Bell cheesy gordita crunches have been doing it! Oh, so good!

I also sometimes crave salty things, most recently, cheesy goldfish. Somehow, I love them and Carson can't stand them!

Food aversions ... fish. Anything fishy. Yuck. And although I will always love sweets (I am, afterall, ME!), but I just can't tolerate sweet treats very well. For example, yesterday was Christmas, and I actually turned down mint grasshopper pie. That's right, mint. And even with this Christmas season, I've gotten lots of peppermint treats, but I just ... haven't really been eating them. Honestly, it's a little bit tragic.

As of this week, munchkin #2 is roughly the size of a plum. The baby's critical systems are mostly formed, he/she can open and close fingers and toes. So exciting!

I love this little baby so much already, and Alex and I both are just ready for this little munchkin to be here already! :)

AND on the 22nd, Carson walked on his own for the first time! Alex and I were sitting across from each other, and Carson was playing with our broom in between us. All of a sudden, he just stood up and walked from me to Alex with the balance of the broom. We just stared at each other like, "Oh my gosh...Carson just walked!" Haha, it was amazing! We took a couple videos right away, and they are ADORABLE! We've been practicing with Carson all week, and he just gets SO excited every time! :) The most steps he's taken has probably only been 3 or 4, but he's doing so great! I'm so proud of my little man! He's growing up so fast! He'll be such a great big brother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment