Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas time!

Christmas was so wonderful this year, and I just feel so blessed! On the 23rd, our family here got together at John and Terri's for our traditional adult gift exchange. We had a phenomenal dinner of grilled haddock, prime rib (an 18 pound one!), rolls, and a salad - all modeled after the White Stag's versions. Honestly, I think our meal was significantly better than that of the White Stag's!

And of course, the company was amazing! All of Alex's siblings and their spouses, plus his parents adds up to a night of lots of laughter! I just have the best time with all of them, and I feel so grateful to call them my family.

Anyway, after our delicious feast, we had our white elephant gift exchange, as well as the regular gift exchange. It was a blast! Terri had my name, and she got me the greatest gift!! My whole pregnancy, I've been like...wanting waffles. I even looked at some waffle irons on Black Friday but didn't like any of the ones I saw. But Terri got me a super nice waffle iron! Like the ones that are in hotels where you get to rotate them and everything! I was RIDICULOUSLY excited! She even gave me a bunch of gift cards to the movie theater, too! It was just such a fun night!

I feel so blessed to have such a fantastic baby sitter when Alex and I do things like that, too. Ginger - Terri's co worker and the mom of one of Alex's best friends growing up. She's so great with Carson, and Carson just adores her. It just helps me have so much more fun when Alex and I are away knowing that Carson is in good hands. :) AND Ginger brought us cookies! I had been craving gingerbread cookies, and hers were incredible!

Anyway, that night Alex and I got home pretty late. But then, despite the level of my exhaustion, I was so excited about my new waffle iron that I stayed up late looking for all the best recipes! And then, Christmas Eve morning, I woke up before Alex and Carson. I couldn't fall back asleep because I was so excited about making waffles, so I got up and prepared my batter. And then I just had to sit around for what felt like FOREVER until Carson and Alex woke up! Haha, it was pretty funny.

I was pretty excited as I prepped for the waffle making, let me tell you! And the waffles turned out super delicious! Plus they were a BLAST to make! Carson and Alex really loved them, too! :)






Later that day, I took Carson to his great-grandma's in Minocqua. Grandma Lehman is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met, and I just love her to pieces! We also got to spend some time with Loni, Mason, Abby, Kaleb, Owen, and Symon. Carson had a blast! I just love my family. :)

Christmas morning I woke up and made a sticky bun Christmas wreath for breakfast. Growing up, we always had elephant ears Christmas morning. I decided I wanted to start our own family Christmas morning breakfast. And I think I found a winning recipe! It was super easy and super delicious!



Alex, Carson, and I had fun opening some little presents. Alex had let me order some cyber Monday sweaters that will be baby-belly friendly. I love them! And Carson had lots of fun tearing off wrapping paper and playing with the boxes....until I brought out the camera of course!





I sure miss my family this time of year especially. It's so hard living so far away from my family. Oddly enough, the older I get, the harder it is. We did skype with my parents Christmas morning so they could see Carson take some steps and open his present from them. That was really nice. :) I sure wish they lived here, though. :(

Later that morning, we headed over to John and Terri's to spend the rest of Christmas. It was so fun and relaxing just hanging out with everyone! Naturally, we had some super delicious food as well. :)





I'm so grateful for this time of year. I love white Christmases like yesterday; they just feel magical. And I'm so grateful to have such an amazing family on both sides. I love them all so much. And I love my Savior and this time of year to reflect on his birth. I know if it weren't for his life, his sacrifice, and his Atonement, I wouldn't be able to be with my family forever. I love Christ so much, and the more my own family grows, the more I appreciate everything he has done for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment