Just like last year, however, Alex and I were both sick around the beginning of December - when we'd normally get a tree. And, just like last year, my thoughtful, amazing mother-in-law left us a Christmas tree on our doorstep. And this year, it's a little baby tree on top of one of our end tables so that it's out of Carson's reach. :)
Terri has a tradition of giving all her grand kids a Christmas ornament every year, and this year I thought it was only fitting that Carson put his up on the tree. (Yes, I'm very aware that my son has a GIANT double chin! haha!)
Carson loves the Christmas tree, as well as all the lights I have around the house. He's always pointing at them, somewhat entranced. But fortunately for me, he hasn't tried to tackle any of them!
Carson is also loving Christmas music, just like his mommy. Well, he loves any music for that matter. Whenever any music starts playing, he'll stop whatever he's doing and shake his hand/arm to the rhythm of the music - no joke! It's adorable! He's also starting to do a little shakin' and bobbing with the rest of his body. Sometimes he'll even do all this while wearing one of Alex' baseball caps! (which he loves putting on and taking off ALL the time!) Basically it's the cutest thing you'll ever see in your whole entire life.
And in light of the Christmas tree talk and the season of happiness and all, I think we've hit a break in the teething department! For what feels like weeks, Carson's been working on cutting his 4 molars ... and it's been a little rough! But today, he was acting just like his old goofy, trouble-making self! And go figure, one of his teeth broke through today! How is it possible that my little baby now has TEN teeth and is almost 14 months old?! (top 4 front teeth, bottom 4 front teeth, 1 upper left molar, and now 1 on his lower left side!)
...Of course I would manage to take a blog post about a Christmas tree and turn it into a gush-fest about Carson. ha, what can I say? He has my heart. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment