At 10 months, probably the biggest thing we went through with Sawyer was his sleeping. As I said before, Sawyer woke up multiple times a night when we were in AZ, and that didn't change too much once we got home. It was a little better, but Sawyer would still wake up 3 or so times a night. At his appointment on April 14th, his doctor basically told me I needed to stop getting him during the night and to just let him cry. Oh my heart!
I know some people are really against the crying-it-out method, but it worked within a couple nights with Carson, so I knew it was time. We moved his pack-n-play out into the living room because we knew part of why he was waking up so much because he was still in our room and could sense my presence, haha. And we didn't want to mess with how amazing Carson slept by putting Sawyer in by him, so out in the living room it was!
The first night was awful ... I don't even want to talk about how long Sawyer cried til he fell asleep, and then how many times he woke up crying that night. But he was able to get back to sleep each time! The next night was a bit better, and I can't remember for sure, but I think by the 3rd or 4th night, Sawyer fell asleep after only a couple minutes of fussing and then slept through the night! Hallelujah for sleep! Only problem was that for quite a while, I couldn't sleep through the night because I was so accustomed to waking up multiple times with Sawyer!
By 10 months, Sawyer was also pulling himself up on everything! He especially loved to pull himself up on Carson's red rocking chair ... probably not the best idea, haha! At this point, Sawyer would also crawl on his hands and knees for a few seconds before kind of losing balance and going back to his army crawl (which was still faster for him).
Sawyer also popped through another tooth right around 10 months - his bottom left corner tooth, which brought his tooth count up to eight! Holy moley!
One of the cutest, most endearing things Sawyer started around this time was going "Ehh! Ehh!" and kind of bouncing up and down whenever he wanted something (like when I'd have a drink of water) or when he was excited (like when we'd go to get Carson up ... Sawyer would go - and still does actually - "Ehh! Ehh!" at Carson's door all while bouncing like a maniac in my arms! Clearly, Sawyer adores his brother and gets SUPER excited to see Carson. :)
I can't remember exactly what day it was, unfortunately, but sometime around 10 months was when Sawyer got his first hair cut from Grandma Terri! Right above his ears it was getting SO long! And also the back bottom corners of his hair! It was really funny and pretty darn cute!
Another thing I loved was when Sawyer would throw himself into my chest to play peek-a-boo. Once he'd pull himself away from my chest, he'd laugh and laugh!
This kid just gets happier, cuter, and chunkier by the day. I just adore him. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment