Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sawyer's 11 months!

Sawyer's 11 months now, and sleeping like a champ! He goes to bed between 7 30 and 8 30 pm, and almost always goes right to sleep. I usually don't hear him make a peep until around 8 30 am! For a while, he'd wake up at 6, nurse, and go back to sleep until 8 30 am or so, but lately, he's been sleeping later and I love it! I don't know how I got so fortunate to have kids who love to sleep and sleep a lot, but I am so grateful! And then he takes a nap around 1:30 pm or so and sleeps for a good couple of hours. The days when Carson still naps and naps during that same time frame are the absolute best!

**Revision: I started typing this out about a week ago, and apparently I spoke too soon. Within the span of a week, Sawyer has decided to start waking up during the night. Typically it's only been once, but last night, it was 3 times. And he just WAILS. I think it's because he's cutting more teeth. Ugh!!

We tried putting Sawyer's pack-n-play in with Carson one night. Surprisingly, they both fell asleep without a peep. But the morning was a different story! Needless to say, Sawyer is back in the living room because I'm not prepared to mess with my boys' wonderful current sleeping habits!

Sawyer has been crawling on all fours for quite a while now, and man does he ever go fast! He's pulling himself up on furniture more than ever. He'll even walk along furniture - like the couch - now! In fact, the other night, he was standing up beside the tub and totally turned around and stood beside the toilet! (eww gross, but still it was so exciting!) My baby is gunna be walking before I know it!

He's got an adorably cute, goofy personality too. One day Alex went to get him up and this is how he found Sawyer:


Sawyer is for sure eating more than Carson at every meal, and it's no wonder Sawyer's so solid! Sawyer definitely has hanger problems. It's really the only time Sawyer is unhappy: if he's really hungry and hasn't been fed yet! Fortunately too he doesn't despise having a bib put on him anymore, which makes things easier for sure. Sawyer has also mastered sippy cups, which is super nice that I don't have to hold them anymore in order for him to get a drink. He still will shovel in some baby food if he's hungry enough, but for the most part, Sawyer wants to feed himself now.

Probably the biggest thing for Sawyer this past month is that on Saturday, May 28, Sawyer said "Mama" for the first time. We were in the check-out line at Walmart, and he just looked at me and with a big ole smile said "Mama." It melted me into a puddle, I tell you! Since then, he's been saying it all the time! Especially if he's hungry or tired, which just makes me feel oh-so special. :) It makes me feel even more special since Sawyer still doesn't really say "Dada." (He did when he was younger and just making sounds, but he never really associated "Dada" with Alex.)

My father-in-law and I were talking on Sunday about how much more aware Sawyer is now. Alex and I went out for dinner the other night and I guess Sawyer was fine until he heard our car doors close; then he started crying because he realized we were leaving. John distracted him with some toys soon after, and then he was fine. But then when Alex and I got back and closed our car doors again, Sawyer again started crying because he knew we were back and wanted us. Even at Adventure Alley, Sawyer is usually pretty good. But evidently lots of times when Carson leaves Sawyer's side to do something else, Sawyer will start to cry. It's so sweet he loves his big brother, Mommy, and Daddy so much!

Sawyer loves doing "So big!" and throwing his arms and hands up over his head. He loves clapping his hands and turning his right hand back and forth to signify a wave or "all done" at meal time. He loves being upside down.  I got him an electric toothbrush a few weeks ago, and he absolutely LOVES brushing with it! He smiles and laughs the whole time! He loves playing in Carson's bed with Carson. He still loves strangers and will smile and laugh for them at the drop of a hat. He loves being tickled. He loves loves loves water. He also loves having his arm out of his blanket when he nurses or takes a bottle because he loves whacking his arm/hand against my chest or face! Lots of times, he'll actually lace his fingers with mine while he nurses (or takes a bottle) and I just absolutely love it. He loves putting anything and everything in his mouth. And I'd be lying if I didn't say that I love, above all, that he's a mama's boy (all since being back from Arizona).






No comments:

Post a Comment