Saturday, June 4, 2016

Sawyer at 9 months!

I know, I know...tomorrow Sawyer will be 11 months, which makes this 9 month post VERY late. But I'll try to remember!

Back on April 5th, we were about to fly back home after visiting my parents in AZ. One of the biggest things that had happened by this point was Sawyer was eating real food! It started at the end of March when I was visiting my best friend Shauna and her family in Safford. We were eating breakfast and Shauna asked if Sawyer had tried pancakes yet. We gave him some, and he LOVED them. Pretty sure he ate at least a full pancake that morning! From then on, I'd try to give Sawyer just about anything we ate, and he loved it all! I honestly can't think of anything he wouldn't completely chow down!

By 9 months, Sawyer's top two teeth had come in, giving him a total of 4 teeth. (He only had his 2 bottom teeth when we got to AZ at the end of February, and by at least March 19th, both his top 2 teeth had come in.)

Sawyer started crawling a couple days after he turned 8 months, and at 9 months he was still scootin' around on his tummy. It was pretty cute watching him army crawl everywhere!

At this point, Sawyer hated bibs and especially hated sleep. Like seriously. I blame being in AZ and away from his own bed, as well as MASSIVE teething and various sicknesses for the most part, but this child WOULD NOT SLEEP. I'd put him to bed around 7-8 pm and he'd sleep well until 11:30 or midnight. But after that, he'd wake up just about every hour. Had we been home, I would have probably just let him cry it out, but since we were staying with my parents and Shauna and such, I had to get him so he wouldn't wake everyone! (which he still managed to do a few times!) For most of our vacation, Sawyer would end up sleeping with me from midnight or so until morning ... and it was awful! I just can't sleep soundly with him right next to me!

Sawyer would usually wake up by 6 or 7 am, at which point my loving, amazing parents would often take him for a while since I had been up with him so many times during the night. Bless their souls! I'd then sleep til Carson got up around 9 ish or so. Most days, Sawyer would take a morning nap around 10 and then an afternoon nap around 2. Granted, nothing was super consistent since we were on vacation.

Despite being sick so much of the trip and teething the other parts of the vacation, Sawyer was still a super happy, friendly baby. I hope that never changes!! He brightens each day, and I just love him so much.

Soon after we got back to Wisconsin, Sawyer had a doctor's appointment on April 14th. And he weighed 20 lbs 11 oz! (Keep in mind Carson was only 28 lbs at this point! Crazy that Sawyer was so close behind his big brother!) And length-wise, Sawyer was 27.6 inches. Big boy! His head was pretty dang big too - 19.3 in (49.02 cm).

These are the only pictures I seem to have from the week before Sawyer turned 9 months. Still a cutie though!




No comments:

Post a Comment