Carson loves that he gets to go swimming every day. He also loves just about every activity Miss Karen has us do ... once he's doing it, at least. Carson's very used to getting to just do whatever he wants to do when we go to the pool - whether that be making baskets in the basketball hoop, throwing floaty toys off the edge of the pool, jumping into my arms in the water, etc. But in a structured swim class, he's often very vocal about not wanting to do whatever Miss Karen wants us to do. But most of the time, as soon as he actually does it, he's laughing, smiling, and having the time of his life!
Today, he actually went under the water without crying! He was swimming on his tummy and kicking his legs while Miss Karen poured water from a watering can over his head. I took him under the water as soon as he held his breath, pulled him back up, and he didn't cry! He was a little taken aback, but as soon as I praised him and cheered him on, he was all smiles. :)
So far, Carson's favorite thing has been when I throw him in the air when we're in the water and also when he gets to jump up and down by himself in the shallow water.
Of course, I had to document his first lesson yesterday with a picture. Oh, how I love this little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment