Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I love you!

Carson is seriously the sweetest little boy with the kindest, biggest heart. If he notices I'm sad, he'll gently ask, "You okay, Mommy?" If I'm crying, he'll come hug me all on his own. If he accidentally "bonks" me (head butt, etc etc), he'll kiss my injury better - again all on his own. "I kiss better," he'll say. If Sawyer is crying, he almost always tries to find a way to help him stop crying.

Today something happened I don't want to ever forget. I dropped the boys off at Adventure Alley before heading to Zumba. Carson followed me to the door, and I was worried he was actually going to be upset I was leaving. Instead, as I was leaving the room, he shouted, "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!" I was a puddle of smiles as I told him I loved him, too.

I had to get my card scanned before heading outside for the class, and so I had to pass by the open door of Adventure Alley. Carson was still standing there, and when he saw me again, his face lit up as he again exclaimed, "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!"

Sweetest. moment. ever.

That, and when I picked the boys up, I was greeted by Carson running his fastest to me in excitement and Sawyer literally bouncing up and down against a table in pure joy upon my arrival.

I am the most blessed mommy ever.

1 comment: