My itty bitty boy is 9 months old today! How crazy is that?! I know I just did an 8.5 month update a couple weeks ago, but I wouldn't be the crazed, picture-obsessed mom that I am unless I did an official 9 month update! ;)
Well, the biggest update is of course that Carson is army crawling! And even though he hasn't figured out how to crawl on his knees yet, he has lifted himself onto his knees! I'm sure he'll take off any time though! He definitely loves being mobile, although it's pretty exhausting for him. He'll just pant as he crawls, and it's really funny! Carson also still loves pivoting on his stomach. Sometimes, he'll get in moods where he pivots in a full circle over and over again!
Carson eats pretty much anything now. He continues to get better at feeding himself, too. He has a couple meals a day and loves it. Although when he's "all done" he definitely lets you know!
Within the past few days, Carson's discovered how to click his tongue on the roof of his mouth. It's one of the cutest things ever. :) He also gets in moods where he'll just give everything within sight wide, open-mouthed kisses - sometimes my feet, my legs, the carpet, his toys ... just whatever! I'd say his favorite thing to kiss, though, is his reflection in the mirror. :)
He goes through little phases of talking and babbling a TON and then not so much. Not too long ago, he went through a little phase of saying "da-da" all the time. The best was one night when Carson and I got home, he saw his daddy from his car seat. He stretched out his tiny chubby arms, got a huge smile on his face, and cried, "Da-da!" Alex got him out of his car seat, and Carson was absolutely ecstatic to see his daddy. It melted my innards, I tell you. Now we just need to get him to say "ma-ma!"
Carson is still a fantastic sleeper. He's gotten loads better at falling asleep on his own in his crib, thank goodness! And when we go in to get him up from sleeping, his mattress sheet is absolutely drenched! You see, he rolls onto his stomach once he wakes up and drools/cries all over his bedding! I couldn't keep up with that much laundry, so we started just drying the sheet with my hair dryer. Which, by the way, Carson loves.
Just recently, Carson has started to kind of wave goodbye to people. Not every time, of course, but when we tell him, "Say goodbye to Grandpa!" etc, he'll slowly lift up his hand and open and close his fist (but towards himself instead of away). It's so cute!
One of my favorite things to do with Carson lately is playing peek-a-boo in our bed when he wakes up in the morning. When he wakes up, I'll bring him into our bed to nurse and snuggle. Once he's finished, I'll hide him under the sheets and he thinks it's the funnest thing ever! And then it's even more funny to him when Carson and I hide under the sheets from Daddy. Oh my goodness, does it ever light up his whole face!
The downside of Carson lately? He's become more and more of a mama's boy. I (or Alex) can't leave him alone in a room for 2 seconds without him completely wailing. For me, some days it's bad enough that Carson will hardly let me set him on the ground in front of me. And other people holding him? Forget it! Occasionally, he'll let Aunt Macie, Aunt Katie, or Aunt Abby hold him for a little while. And fortunately enough for me, my mom seems to be the one person Carson can actually stay happy with for a good amount of time. It's been really difficult to get anything at all done, and I've been hard on myself - saying that it's my fault he won't go to other people and stuff. But, I keep being told that he just has a healthy attachment to me and Alex, and that's a good thing. I guess I should just enjoy the time he wants his mommy so badly because before I know it, he'll be running off to school, not wanting to be seen with his mom, driving, dating ... holy cow, I need to stop right there! Carson's forbidden from getting any bigger!! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment