Sunday, July 20, 2014

turnaround

I don't want to jinx it, but someone has potentially made a huge turnaround! Practically overnight! As I've written before, Carson has been extra clingy to me (and Alex) lately. But suddenly, Carson started being more independent yesterday!

Alex and I were spending the afternoon hanging some decorations and doing this and that. And it was a good hour or so of completely leaving Carson to entertain himself ... and he did! He played with his toys, crawled around, gave us a few smiles and giggles, and was totally content all on his own! It. was. AMAZING.

I thought it was just a fluke thing, but then today at church, Carson entertained himself again with his toys! But even more than that, he let other people hold him - without crying. He sat on Trish Hilliard's lap for all of Sunday school, and I'm pretty sure he's never had any previous contact with her! And he even let a few other people hold him. Granted, (and to be honest, thankfully,) he still eventually wanted to come back to me, but I think he's making a turnaround! 

It's really exciting seeing his independence blossom, and I'm extremely grateful he's starting to like other people! Hopefully he keeps this up! ... But hopefully, he keeps needing/wanting his mommy too. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment