This past Thursday, (July 17th) Carson and I went to spend some time with my mom. We had fun playing with all the cool toys she's gotten for Carson, and we went to Eagle River for some fun old traditions - going into a couple of our favorite clothing stores, and then my favorite stop: Soda Pops.
We've been going there since I was a little girl, and they have the best ice cream specialties. My personal favorite is the butterscotch malt. I spoiled Carson with a taste of the whipped cream on top, and he loved it! My mom and I may have also gotten a tiny bit carried away with taking pictures of Carson's first time there. Haha!
It's so hard to believe that so much time has gone by - I can remember going there as a little girl when it was the "Colonial House." I can remember when they had all sorts of nice fish mounted on the walls. And then in later years, I can remember thinking the waiter was soo cuter. And then even further along, I can remember going on many, many dates with Alex there - and falling more in love with him every time. And then, in the blink of an eye, I'm there with my baby boy!! Realizing how fast life goes by makes me want to savor every single second of it - especially with Carson growing so fast!
Later that evening, my mom actually came back to Rhinelander with us for a sleepover! Alex stayed the night in Park Falls because of work, so it was just a girls' night! We did facials, watched a movie, and everything! It was really fun. :) The following day, she even watched Carson while he napped so I could go to the YMCA. AND she mowed our lawn. She's seriously the best mom ever, and I'm so excited for her and Carson to start their own traditions in the future. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment