I think I get caught up with blogging the most about major milestones of Carson and Sawyer's lives, as opposed to tiny moments here and there that somehow touch me in a way I never want to forget.
Way back when on Monday, August 15th, Sawyer was taking his typical afternoon nap - as he always does - while Carson wasn't. See, ever since Alex and I got back from his birthday weekend trip to Milwaukee, Carson refuses to take naps. And not only does he not take a nap during the time he used to (which was when Sawyer takes his nap), but Carson is often extra energetic during this time. This has been extremely difficult since Sawyer hadn't been doing well sleeping at night. (It's really another story for another time, but long story short, Alex had to start sleeping on the couch since the only current place for Sawyer to sleep is our closet. And unfortunately, Alex's snoring is what we figured out was waking Sawyer up frequently during the night.)
Anyway, on this particular day, I was exhausted from being up a bunch during the night because of Sawyer. So as awful of parenting as it sounds, I laid in my bed with the lights off and the door open while Carson played all over the house. I was so tired that I know I was a little in and out of sleep. At one point, Carson crawled up on the bed beside me and pried apart my closed eyelids with those cute little fingers. The look on his face was that of pure hopefulness - the "please open your eyes so we can play together" look.
It was so precious that I couldn't do anything else other than getting up to play with him. I treasure these little moments with Carson. Moments where I'm the most important person in the world to him, and nothing would honestly make him happier than for me to open my eyes, get up, and play with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment