With the arrival of fall comes nothing but illness for our family, I swear! This year has been no different. Late at night on September 13th, Sawyer's fever reached 103.6. It was scary. He'd just lay his head down on my lap. Or just lay on the floor, not moving. We were going to take him into the ER if he didn't seem a bit better after some medicine and all.
Alex also gave him a Priesthood blessing and literally, we took his temperature right after to see how he was doing. And his fever was down to 99.5! I was like, "Wait, is the thermometer broken!?" And then Alex said something that really hit home: "Heavenly Father sure answers prayers!" And I just thought, "Oh yeah...duh! Heavenly Father can, you know, work miracles through the power of a Priesthood blessing!" Sawyer was even moving around more and just acting a lot more like himself.
Even though it may seem like a small thing, I'm so grateful Sawyer's temperature went down so immediately. It's a testament to me that Heavenly Father is real. He knows us, and he hears the pleadings of our hearts. I'm so grateful for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment